Dynamic Block Not Working As Intended

Bill Tillman

I have a dynamic block which is basically a rectangle that I can stretch symmetrically in the horizontal and vertical directions. The horizontal part works great. When I tug on the grip, the rectangle gets larger in both directions symmetrically. The vertical stretch is giving me trouble. If I add only one stretch in the 90° direction it works. But when I try to make it stretch symmetrically in both up and down it distorts the shape of the rectangle. I think it might be that the insert point in on the bottom of the rectangle. But any advice would be appreciated.

DynBlock01.dwg

It's your stretch settings, the action 'stretch 2' is being told to offset 270 degrees, but it wants an angle in relation to the stretch direction, not the ucs so it should be 180.

You might also want to include the 'distance 2' parameter into the selection of 'stretch 1' so the vertical grip stays located at the start of the radius when you do a horizontal stretch.