Losing Selected Objects

I could individually select numerous individual objects then pan all around the drawing without losing the selected objects.

Now, I can select various individual objects, with no active commands, and as I start to pan, without moving the selected objects off screen, I lose all the selected objects. Is there a simple setting to change?

• 6 months later...

I used to be able to individually select numerous individual objects, then pan all around the drawing without losing the selected objects. I can still do that on my older saved drawings.

Now, on my newer saved drawings,  when I select various individual objects with no active commands, as soon as I start to pan, without moving the selected objects off screen, I lose all the selected objects.

Is there a simple setting to change?

Thanks for your reply CyberAngel. I should have started with saying that I'm working with AutoCAD 2014 Mechanical. The SELECTIONOFFSCREEN isn't included in 2014.

The QAFLAGS was initially at 16. I've changed it to 0 through 16 with no change in losing the selected objects.

I am trying to turn on and/or turn off different system variables but no luck yet.

I don't have access to Mechanical, so I can't experiment on my end or diagnose your drawing.

If it's only happening on newer drawings, I would check my template first. Assuming you use a template.

I don't use a template per se. I update the drawing on a weekly basis and just save the drawing with the new date. So February 11 I could select and pan, February 18 I lose the selections.

Hmm...

More pieces of the puzzle? When I am on the Model tab, I can select objects and pan without losing them. It's when I'm on one of the layout tabs that I lose my selections when I pan. Also, I can zoom in and out in the layout tabs and I don't lose the selected objects.

??

Okay...

It seems to be related to having the viewport display locked. I usually work inside of locked model space viewports within layouts. If I unlock the display then I can select objects and pan without losing them. For now, I've created a layout tab with the viewport display unlocked where I can select objects and pan about the viewport to make my edits then go back to the locked viewport layout tab for printing etc.

I don't know what changed. I learn new things every day. This may be something simple that I just don't have the knowledge for.

Thanks