How can I make my elevations,and siteplan fit on my grids ??

CAD-LOVER0208

Hellooo,

hope everyone is doing well..

I have a problem, check my pic. below please..

I imported my site plan that i did in CAD to Revit, but the problem is, i don't know how to fit it in the grids, and my elevations look very small, I don't know how to explain it, so i attached a pic. i snaped of my dwg.

How can I make my building inside of the elevations and the siteplan on top of the grids ???

thanks in advance :oops:

revit example.jpg

Are the grids in the Revit file or the cad file?

My immediate thought would be that the scale was not correct when the file has been imported.

In the "Imort/Link Cad Formats" dialogue box, there is a filed "Import Units" try playing with this to see if it will correct teh issue.

Did you import or link the cad file? (linking is much safer, less chance of errors)

The grids are in Revit file, and i imported my cad file, i don't know how to link it , and where to find the import units..

and yeah my elevation markers don't line up with the grids I don't know why or how to do that :(

To link a cad file is pretty much the same as importing.

File>Import/Link>CAD Formats.

Browse for the file you want to import.

In this dialogue box there are two important settings.

I have attached a sanpshot with them highlighted fro you.

Bottom left, there is a check box wich will link the file, rather than import it. This is better for your model stability.

Bottom center, there is a field called import Units. Use the spinner to select the units you would like the cad file to be imported in, this may require a few attemps to get it right.

Hope this helps. i am not too sure what you mean about your elevations not lining up with your grids though. Why do they have to? The elevation view can be moved to wherever you want on in the project. Perhaps a more detailed explanation would be helpfull to understand what you need.

Link File.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can just select and move the elevations and grids to where ever you want. In your example I would probably just move the CAD file. Unless it is not linked and/or the units are screwed up.

ARCHdoc thank you so much for explaining it to me, i linked it and it looks fine so far , i'm still working on it, i'm stuck with some other stuff thouh.. i'll post a thread soon

RfOeCnKdOeNr thanks a lot for helping me... it slipped of my mind, i didn't know that we can mover the elevations..

StykFacE thanks :) i moved them, then i deleted them and made new ones..

i never knew that we can delete and make new elevations, i thought that ones the elevations are there, that's it, we don't touch themor move them.

thanks all :)

You're welcome... Also, when you move them don't foget to move the WHOLE thing and not just the square part... if you leave the triangle behind you are leaving the view range there.