Stretching/Trimming a Hatch

Bill Tillman

I haven't figured this out yet, mainly because I'm so busy training new people, but I have the need to stretch a dynamic block that contains a hatch. When I do stretch it using the grip the pereimeer frame goes well but the hatch in the middle remains unchanged or it moves instead of stretching. I've tried using different selection sets but can't seem to get this one nailed down. There are also other instances where I attempt to trim or stretch a hatch and it doesn't perform as anticipated. I've got some more studying to do on this topic it would seem.

Mesh Panel.dwg

Your hatch is not associative. In order for the hatch to stretch with the boundary, it must be associated with the boundary that defines it. Just create a new hatch that is associative and it should work just fine.

Your hatch isn't associated to the polyline that surrounds it. A hatch all by itself won't stretch with the stretch command just normally in a drawing you can only grip stretch an independant hatch, and inside a dynamic block you cant select a hatches grip as the stretch object. But both inside a block and also in modelspace an associated hatch will stretch to match the polyline that it is contained within.

Thanks. I have had only limited experience with Associative hatching, just never really needed it in the past. That did resolve the issue.