Blocks units definition problem

sinergy2020

Hi,

I am new to autocad. I am using Autocad Architecture 2019 on a win 8.1 OS,  8Mb ram/intel i5

I am having a hard time in creating blocks that maintain the same Block units (meters in this case) once this is set.

What I am doing is opening a new .dwg file, create some blocks there and then use those blocks in another .dwg file previously created where I need them to compose my drawing.

I have changed the options for the drawing by setting both the Options->User prefrences->Insertion scale to Meters (both in the Source Content Units and in the Target Drawing Units)

but when I close and re open the document the values have changed to unitless, for some reason that I do not understand, making me think that those changes are only valid for the active session?

When I create a block, I set the 'Block unit' property to Meter but after I closed the working document and reopened it, the Block unit is Millimeters....why?

I also changed the 3 system variables INSUNITSOURCE, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and INSUNITSDEFTARGET to 0 so that the value of the afore mentioned Insertion scale is done according to the value there specified. But in some cases these also keep changing when passing from a document to the other (another .dwg file where I need to use those blocks)

What am I doing wrong?

What is the right why to set a drawing unit so the it stays that way all the time (unless I change it)? It looks like I am not doing the changes at the right level (system level?)

Any help appreciated

• sinergy2020 changed the title to Blocks units definition problem

Are doing the same unit setup in the new drawing? What are the drawing units set to? Not sure with Architecture, but -DWGUNITS is what you use in Vanilla AutoCAD.

Can you post a block drawing and a drawing you are inserting them into?