How to correctly scale a raster image attached into an exiting file?

sinergy2020

Hi

I am trying to insert a raster image (aerial photo from google maps) in an existing topo map in .dwg format (am using autocad 2019 architecture)

I use the usual procedure: https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/scaling-images.php

The image gets scaled but can't see any longer the existing object (the pre-existing topo map on which this raster I wanted to scale to)

Zoom extents only shows the scaled image.

What may be happening? or what command should I use in order for the two images to be seen at the same time and be overlapped (initial intention)?

Please have a look at the attached file after the insertion and scaling of the raster.

Any help appreciated

4442-FINCA TORRADES AVINYO-autocad-arch.dwg

Edited by sinergy2020

When you insert an image into a drawing, it is added as the last entity. That means it is the last item in draw order and is therefore drawn last, i.e. on top of everything else. You should select the image and set Draw Order to Send to Back. The contents of your drawing should appear in front of the image, as desired.

Been doing it for years agree Cyberangel Draw order send to back. Only thing is maybe you have -ve elevations for your line work. Also check distances have you scaled it wrong  or is at correct co-ords.

Ps if have a jpg and jgw files have lisp for auto scaling and moving.

As regards your concerns, you have not included the raster image, so I cannot see what is happening. The previous comments are helped by a crystal ball.

• Like 1

Yes, posting the files in question would certainly be of help.

After doing Draw Order, you usually will need to RegenAll (REA), so claims my crystal ball. If that isn't it, I'll check the tea leaves.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:44 PM, sinergy2020 said:

Hi

I am trying to insert a raster image (aerial photo from google maps) in an existing topo map in .dwg format (am using autocad 2019 architecture)

I use the usual procedure: https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/scaling-images.php

The image gets scaled but can't see any longer the existing object (the pre-existing topo map on which this raster I wanted to scale to)

Zoom extents only shows the scaled image........

Going back to your original post, when I zoomed extents, the drawing seemed to be blank!!

On further investigation, your raster image (the bounding box of which is shown) is at coordinates 0,0 and your topo map is at coordinates 414725, 4633525. This means that your raster image has not inserted at the expected coordinates (which are Universal Transverse Mercator coordinates). I read somewhere that Google Maps can only insert at Longitude and Latitude. In this day of GPS and built in calculation, UTM seems to be going out of fashion.

So you will have to position the raster image by hand. I usually make a separate layer for the raster image instead of inserting it on layer 0.

Like Elodn If op had read my post at #4 asked is at correct co-ords. Did not look at dwg.

A simple way to get around insert image in a blank dwg, the use copyclip image.

Change to other dwg, then paste close to objects gets rid of the 414000,4636000 problem, then use Align picking at least 2 points.

Best again when getting the image get a geo referenced in nearmap should get JPG and JGW.