Get Tags and Prompts from dynamic block

rog1n

Hello,

As said in title how I get the TAGs and Prompts from a dynamic block, but I want to get from a block is only inside the "insert block " not inserted on Model/Layouts. Is possible to do this or I can get TAGs and Prompts only from a entity?

1st step would be to use lee-mac dynamic block properties lsp, to a block that is inserted, second would be if I understand correct you have not inserted the block, if correct insert it get properties and then erase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

1st step would be to use lee-mac dynamic block properties lsp, to a block that is inserted, second would be if I understand correct you have not inserted the block, if correct insert it get properties and then erase.

I understood your idea. Thank you

Anyaway, so is not possible get the properties of a block only in the "library of blocks" (block insert)? 

10 hours ago, Tor2o said:

You can edit an attribute definition only before it is saved as part of a block definition.

With Lisp you certainly can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roy_043 said:

Is this about dynamic block property values, attribute values, or attribute tags and prompts?

It's about attribute TAGs and prompts from a dynamic block,  my question is if possible to get the attribute TAGs and prompts from a block is only inside here:

exemplo.png

13 hours ago, Roy_043 said:

With Lisp you certainly can.

My understanding from re-reading several times is the tags and prompts? from a block nested inside a dynamic block. :huh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dlanorh said:

My understanding from re-reading several times is the tags and prompts? from a block nested inside a dynamic block. :huh:

I think what he's asking is something like (getstring T "\nSpecify tag name: ") and then list all the blocks with that specific tag name. Unfortunately of all the posts I've done here and with my knowledge, I don't have a idea how to do that :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Handojo said:

I think what he's asking is something like (getstring T "\nSpecify tag name: ") and then list all the blocks with that specific tag name. Unfortunately of all the posts I've done here and with my knowledge, I don't have a idea how to do that :(

I think he needs to post a sample dwg.

how I get the TAGs and Prompts from a dynamic block, but I want to get from a block is only inside the "insert block " not inserted on Model/Layouts. Is possible to do this or I can get TAGs and Prompts only from a entity?

I'm confident i'm in the same ballpark, but I don't understand the prompts as opposed to the tagstring. If it is the prompt you're going to have to access either the attribute definitions entity data (code 3) or attribute definitions object 'promptstring property

Select the Block and loop through the entities to find the nested block or nentsel the nested block. Find its name or effectivename the get that block definitions from the block table/collection get the attributes and loop through extracting what you want.

• Like 1

I will try explain better,

I have a block in other DWG, this block have attributes. So I will use the Lee Mac steal from DWG to get this block to my present DWG. the Block is now in the list of blocks here:

exemplo.png.d5666af43257e9c3ee94d27f18bfa787.png

If you insert the block in the Model/Paperspace and double click show the "Attribute Editor" 

exemplo2.png.b75d4066a12cb63f9ccfe9804f866e6e.png

Now I can get the list of Tags and values from the block inserted, my questions are:
1- How I get the list of Prompts?
2-The suggestion of BIGAL works I inserted the block in coordinates 0,0 then extract that informations (only the Prompts I didn't get), but is possible to get the list of Tag, Prompt and Value without insert the block in Model/Paperspace? 

Edited by rog1n

Not sure how you want to use it, but try this. It includes constant attributes that have no prompt string.

(defun c:getblkpmpts ( / ent bname elst typ lst msg)

(while (not ent)
    (setq bname (getstring "\nEnter Block Name "))
    (if (tblsearch "block" bname) (setq ent (tblobjname "block" bname)))
  )

(setq elst (entget ent) typ (cdr (assoc 0 elst)) msg "")
  (while ent
    (if (= typ "ATTDEF") (setq lst (cons (list (cdr (assoc 2 elst)) (cdr (assoc 3 elst))) lst)))
    (setq ent (entnext ent))
    (if ent (setq elst (entget ent) typ (cdr (assoc 0 elst))))
  )
  (foreach x (reverse lst) (setq msg (strcat msg "TAG :  " (car x) "\U+0009 Prompt :  " (cadr x) "\n")))
  (alert msg)
  (princ)
)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dlanorh said:

Not sure how you want to use it, but try this. It includes constant attributes that have no prompt string.

(defun c:getblkpmpts ( / ent bname elst typ lst msg)

(while (not ent)
    (setq bname (getstring "\nEnter Block Name "))
    (if (tblsearch "block" bname) (setq ent (tblobjname "block" bname)))
  )

(setq elst (entget ent) typ (cdr (assoc 0 elst)) msg "")
  (while ent
    (if (= typ "ATTDEF") (setq lst (cons (list (cdr (assoc 2 elst)) (cdr (assoc 3 elst))) lst)))
    (setq ent (entnext ent))
    (if ent (setq elst (entget ent) typ (cdr (assoc 0 elst))))
  )
  (foreach x (reverse lst) (setq msg (strcat msg "TAG :  " (car x) "\U+0009 Prompt :  " (cadr x) "\n")))
  (alert msg)
  (princ)
)

Exactly this! Now I can adapt to my need.

Thank you  dlanorh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rog1n said:

Exactly this! Now I can adapt to my need.

Thank you  dlanorh.

No problem, glad I could help.