Calculation on overlapping surfaces

itacad

Hi, I'm trying to understand if is it possible to solve with data fields my problem (or other method but not with lisp).

The attached drawing represents a conduit filled with electric cables.

I thought of three solutions.

1) Cover a hatch with blocks containing a wipeout ... is it possible to obtain the uncovered surface? would be the solution that I would like most

2) Cover a hatch with blocks containing a different hatch ... is it possible to obtain the total area of the cable blocks? yes with data extraction but with datafield?

3) Perform a data extraction of all SUP attributes and then perform various operations....it's not a bad solution, but I don't want to do data extraction and calculation every time I change something ...

I greet and thank you in advance for any suggestionscalcolo superficie.dwg

Hello, I sketched out a fairly quick method of checking the filling of the duct.

I drew a table where in one cell I created a data field connected to the attribute indicating the free area of the conduit (yellow), in another cell I created an attribute connected to the area of the hatch (red) and in the third cell I put a formula (green).
By deleting the hatch behind the circular blocks, the area of the pattern is changed.

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to reconstruct the hatch where it was canceled without having to redo it?

2) Is it possible to express the formula as a percentage?

Regardscalcolo superficie 2.dwg

You stated you had a problem then offered 3 possible strategies for a solution. I don't think you ever stated the problem you wanted to solve. Perhaps that is why you haven't received a response.

I believed that the title of the topic and the description was sufficient to understand the problem (calculate how much a conduit is filled)

For each strategy I wrote a question to complete it ...I didn't complain because I didn't get any answers...there may also be no answer.

In the meantime, I have worked on how to solve in other ways...I just want to communicate what I thought of those who want to read this topic.

I apologize if I did something that irritated you, I seem to have behaved correctly.

Regards

Sorry I didn't realize I didn't attach the file correctly, for convenience I report what already described

I drew a table where in one cell I created a data field connected to the attribute indicating the free area of the conduit (yellow), in another cell I created an attribute connected to the area of the hatch (red) and in the third cell I put a formula (green).
By deleting the hatch behind the circular blocks, the area of the pattern is changed.

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to reconstruct the hatch where it was canceled without having to redo it?

2) Is it possible to express the formula as a percentage?

Regards

calcolo superficie 2.dwg