3D drawing - my spacial reasoning problem

velimir

Hello to everyone, I recently started doing AutoCAD 3D drawing. I have no problem with drawing when dimensions are given in isometric view, but when it comes to 2 angle projection and a little more complicated drawing, I simply cannot understand it yet.

So I was hoping if someone of you could draw this exercise so I can understand it properly, I would be very grateful!!

https://imgur.com/FEnX863

P.S.: I just want to say that this is very useful site for begginers like me, I already learned so much and this exercise is from pdf file I downloaded from here. Thank you so much!🖐️

What problems are you having? If you post what you've done so far and ask questions, I'm sure someone would be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction. I wouldn't expect anyone to draw it for you though. We're here to help you learn and understand, not to draw things for you.

By the way, where is the thread where you found this pdf? Wasn't there any discussion about how to draw this part in that thread?

On 4/12/2020 at 7:55 AM, Dana W said:

It would be a great deal easier it the existing views were labeled with a descriptive name like TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT or RIGHT. 

Yeah, that's kind of hard to visualize. The low rez scanned PDF isn't making it easier. 

It looks like what you have is correct as to the dimensions and views you've been given, but without further information, the rest is going to be an educated guess at best. 

The only 'odd' thing I notice is the small block on the lower left of the first diagram. the height is given as 20. The hole is 10 and is centered 10 from the end, making the block 20 wide as well, but visually that isn't how it is drawn, it looks more rectangular than square. Other than that it looks to be an interesting object to draw up.

I see those views as 'right' and 'front' drawn in first angle projection.