Fastest way to have Quality elevation renderings

Brittney

Situation:

I have hundreds of 2D house elevations that I need to have rendered "high (V-Ray) quality".

Drawings are all 2D and current software im using is Softplan and Autocad. Im very proficient in autocad and I can draw them up 3D if I need to.

For time purposes can I do this without having to draw 3D? Is there a add on for Autocad to make for better rendering? Should I use V-Ray? Should I convert to Revit then use V-Ray? What is the fastest way to do this? Id like to use the software I have but I want high quality. So im prepared to take on another software to achieve this. Attached is what im looking to accomplish. Thanks! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Eh, no. No way to get this without having to model it in 3D. AutoCAD has a good rendering engine but it's NOT V-ray good. Sorry but that has dozens of hours of modeling to get it ready to render with that level of detail. There is no quick solution.

Not to mention, there's no way to bring realistic 3D trees and shrubs like that into Autocad. You mentioned Revit, so I assume you have access to it? I've never used it, so I don't know what it can do in terms of producing high quality arch-vis renderings like that.

One relatively inexpensive option would be to use Sketchup + Vray. You could build your housing models in Autocad, then import them into Sketchup to add trees and shrubs and render. I've seen some really nice renders come out of Sketchup with Vray.

But as f700es mentioned, there is no quick solution. Producing images like what you posted takes quite a bit of time.

The houses etc need to be drawn in the 1st place as 3d and not 2d, there are some shortcuts but 200 DWGS that's a massive amount. For me tracing over top and drawing again. 

3dhouse.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brittney,

You have to export it to third party software such as Sketchup or load the 3D Model directly to rendering software such as Lumion. Although, with this quality and detail, it would really take time

Regards 

Not just conversion from 2d to 3d it's much more involved just to get it to a state the homes, themselves, can be rendered with this level of detail.

You will have to research specific products, download the blocks online from https://www.bimobject.com/en-us/product or the manufacturer, if the blocks don't have materials/textures applied you may end up having to go back and bring those specific blocks up to snuff, first.

Blocks that you can't download you would have to draw manually and convert to a 3d model with materials and textures applied.

It would just take time.

I've recently started using Twinmotion. You can see my "Work in Progress" thread below.

I feel like, if you're NOT using Twinmotion for your Arch-vis work, you're really missing out. Low cost program that's quick and easy to use with great results. :thumbsup:

Maybe Brittney has got bogged down making 3d houses and doesn't have time to reply, there are some solutions using rotate3d on drawn elevations.

Edited by BIGAL