.lsp or .vlx or .fas to .msi

Arun Talukdar

I can convert my raw AutoLISP (.lsp) codes into Visual Lisp (.VLX) and .FAS application using AutoCAD VLISP IDE.

I was looking into Autodesk App Store and downloaded some of the free applications. It was .msi. That means it will install directly on Windows and link-up with installed AutoCAD.

I am very new in the App Store. Could you please help me to understand to convert my .lsp or .vlx or .fas into .msi?

Thanks.

The only issue with that is  "we will create the installer for you ". But I want to send to a client not Autodesk.

I am interested also and will look into making a MSI.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1042566/how-can-i-create-an-msi-setup gets pretty heavy and is aimed at high end programmers not hacks like me.

Actually its not a matter of converting lisp.fas.vlx into msi but it gathers the files that you would like to extract your program / files into your customer's specific location / path or based on their desire where to locate the files.

Creating such an installer file is a boring thing as I experienced this with some paid customers.

I agree Tharwat just create a directory called \BIGAL then unzip the file and run a setup lisp that adds the path / trusted location and add a menu its all to hard for them. let alone the fact that the clients spyware rejected my zip file that took a couple of goes to get it to him.