how to combine or join different line into one

thamdx

I hv made a retangular n insert some fillet.

how to made the them combine into single line?

thank you

Not sure what you mean? Are you thinking of AutoCAD techniques? Inventor is not AutoCAD.

Zip and attach what you have so far.

this is the thing i trying to make

1-1.jpg

I want to make them combine into 1 line

this is the part i want to make, i want to make it as one whole part without seperate like this.

2-1.jpg

Thank for your reply

you shouldnt need to. In your sketch draw a rectangle then use fillet to round the corner. when you go to sweep the circle along the path it will let you select the entire sketch. are you having trouble with this?

that is wat i did, as the result i get the thing as secnd picture.

but that is not wat i want, i want the result is one whole part, not like the second picture seperated into 8.

that is wat i did, as the result i get the thing as secnd picture.

but that is not wat i want, i want the result is one whole part, not like the second picture seperated into 8.

You have a long long way to go in learning solid modeling - it is one part. The model is divided into logical faces - the partial toriods and the clylindrical geometry.

If you want to turn off the edges of the faces then go to Tools>Application Options>Display and uncheck Acitve Edges.

If you were to Render the part there would be no edges there.

Also I noticed your sketch isn't fully constrained - suggest you read this document - http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2006/MA13-3%20Mather.pdf

I actually want to draw a metal chains, do u hv any quicker way to draw it? any design accelerator can help?

I would model one link and then use Component pattern in assembly file. About 2 minutes work total.

I am not familiar with the pattern component function, is there any tutorial for me to reference?

Zip and attach what you have so far.

Thank to you, I used the pattern component and success build a metal chains, but i nt sure that's a rite way to build o not, is there any theory o rule hv to follow while doing CAD? Sorry, I am new on CAD.