5,5 is in middle of page in paperspace?

CADsince07

Hi all,

Trying to draw a titleblock for a college assignment and its supposed to start at 5,5 but that is in the middle of the paper (A3 setup). 0,0 is somewhere in the middle too - how do i get 0,0 to be the bottom left corner of the paper in paperspace??

Thanks very much in advance for any responses

You could draw a "temporary" line starting at 0,0 to orient yourself.

LINE

Specify first point: 0,0

Specify next point or [undo]: @5,5 then cancel out of the command with the ESC key.

Now you should be able to determine where the bottom left hand corner should be located.

I think something is wrong with your units. A3 is roughly 300mm x 400mm. 5,5 shouyld be nowhere near the middle of the page. Are you sure its not in the middle of the screen and you are not zoomed in too close.

Hi thanks for your replies,

I am not zoomed in too close - thats for sure, but, if i draw a line starting from 0,0 or 5,5 how do i move the actual paper so that the bottom left hand point of the page is at 0,0?

Cheers,

The 'actual paper' is an illusion, it just tells you where the paper will be based on the page setup you have assigned to the layout. To adjust it, right click the layout and choose 'page setup manager' or alternately choose it from the 'file' menu. Once you've set up the display the "paper" in the layout will adjust automatically.

Ok - so i get that i need to change some settings in the page setup manager - but what settings do i need to adjust to change where the paper sits (I know its just to give an idea of the sheet of paper).

Basically what do i need to change in the page setup manager to make 0,0 the bottom left hand page of my sheet of A3 paper?

I'm confused why your paperspace needs to be at a set coordinate. I'd imagine the professor would want it to be based off 0,0 in the actual model, as in model space. For the layout you should just be using a viewport. If you want your viewport's lower left corner to match the origin, creat a line in modelspace beginning at the origin. Then in the layout, select the viewport's lower left grip point and stretch it to the endpoint of that line.

Basically what do i need to change in the page setup manager to make 0,0 the bottom left hand page of my sheet of A3 paper?

You'll need to adjust your "plot area". If you want to force the corner to be 0,0 I recommend windowing it and establishing your plot boundaries that way.

I'm confused why your paperspace needs to be at a set coordinate. I'd imagine the professor would want it to be based off 0,0 in the actual model, as in model space. For the layout you should just be using a viewport. If you want your viewport's lower left corner to match the origin, creat a line in modelspace beginning at the origin. Then in the layout, select the viewport's lower left grip point and stretch it to the endpoint of that line.

I need it to be at 0,0 so i can draw a titleblock onto the layout (the bottom left hand corner of which needs to start at 5,5) - I am creating a template.

So if I select 'window' what will i need to do next to change the plot area? I need you to explain it in very basic terms because I have never had to set my own template up before. Sorry if it sounds stupid, but I need a real quick step by step guide on how i can make the bottom left hand corner of my paper start at 0,0.

easiest way is to draw a rectangle(in layer defpoint) of a3 size with with bottom left coner 0,0

than in pageset manager, select a window, same as the rectagle.

& after setting up all the necessaory settings in pagee setup,click 'apply to layout'

• 2 years later...