converttoautocad issues

aczeller

here's my issue: i am the only one in the company that knows anything about autocad, let alone MEP. my boss seems to think he does, and he insists that i send him all of my MEP files. seeing as how autodesk does not have an MEP viewer, all my files need to be converted to autocad 2007 format. it's not a problem to do it... however the results ARE a problem. i have converted files before with no issues at all, including this specific file. however, sometimes i get this weird result, as shown in the picture. all the lines are flex duct, and flex-duct only. like i said, i have converted this file before with no issues, and have not changed any plot/publish settings. here's what i do:

-put the file into one of the iso views. if i leave it in the top view, none of the duct, pipes, etc. get switched to solids. instead, they all get drawn in as lins and are placed at elevation = 0.

- type "converttoautocad" in the command line and follow the command line prompts.

- open the file to test the effectiveness of my recent command, and get ready to punch my computer.

anyone else had/have this problem? if so, what can i check in my system settings to correct this problem? thanks in advance.

Later,

Andy

001-4.jpg

the proxygraphics setting didn't help. anyone got any other ideas? i will also have to start sending this to another guy for him to start modifying it, but he has autocad 2009, so it will have to be done right. i CAN convert all the flex to solid ducts, but i would rather have it drawn correctly with flex if at all possible.

thanks!

Later,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

okay... I found out what was going on. here's how I fixed it:

Select one of the flex ducts, then right click. hit "Flex Duct Properties".

in the "Flex Graphics" tab, make sure that your styles are on "Circle Pattern". I had them on "Vertical Pattern". After I switched them, exporttoautocad worked just fine and dandy.

Later,

Andy