Unable to Extrude Object

donaldo

I have made my very first attempt ay using 3D and I am not able to extrude some of the objects.  Its a foundation plan so fairly simple.  I have exploded some of the lines and rejoined and that seems to have worked as I assume there were overlapping lines or object not joined?   However some are still not extruding....?   Advice mush appreciated

WV Founds 3D.dwg

2 hours ago, donaldo said:

I have made my very first attempt ay using 3D and I am not able to extrude some of the objects.  Its a foundation plan so fairly simple.  I have exploded some of the lines and rejoined and that seems to have worked as I assume there were overlapping lines or object not joined?   However some are still not extruding....?   Advice mush appreciated

You don't have clean geometry. See images below.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Ok thanks. How do I check my geometry is clean in future before commencing in 3D. And what measures should I take to ensure it is drawn accurately in the first place.. I guess using correct snaps etc?

1 hour ago, donaldo said:

How do I check my geometry is clean in future before commencing in 3D. And what measures should I take to ensure it is drawn accurately in the first place.. I guess using correct snaps etc?

Yes, definitely make sure you're using Osnaps, but mostly, just go slow and make sure your linework is correct. Most mistakes happen when you get in a hurry and try to go too fast or you don't pay attention and end up with overlapping lines or endpoints that don't connect.

I fixed the images in my previous post. There were supposed to be 2 images but for some reason only 1 was showing.

I thought I was pretty accurate but this has illustrated there is room for improvement! Thanks for your help

When you draw the lines which you plan to extrude use the PLINE command, which will guarantee that the resulting closed Polyline will be coplanar,  when you

are ready for the final leg of the continuous Polyline, use the C (for Close) option.  You probably want to have ORTHO turned on, if your work is essentially rectilinear.