block attributes set value

janickovic

Hello, 

I have a titleblock with attributes,  where I would like to change attributes using lisp. I tried Lee-Mac routiens, tried JTB with no luck, 

i guess it have something to do with the fact my block is dynamic, or something 

(entget (car (entsel)))

Select object: ((-1 . <Entity name: 1746772d820>) (0 . "INSERT") (5 . "DA2") (102 . "{ACAD_XDICTIONARY") (360 . <Entity name: 1746772d830>) (102 . "}") (330 . <Entity name: 1746772eed0>) (100 . "AcDbEntity") (67 . 1) (410 . "01 А2") (8 . "0") (100 . "AcDbBlockReference") (66 . 1) (2 . "*U8") (10 589.0 5.0 0.0) (41 . 1.0) (42 . 1.0) (43 . 1.0) (50 . 0.0) (70 . 0) (71 . 0) (44 . 0.0) (45 . 0.0) (210 0.0 0.0 1.0))

i am trying to change the PAGES attribute... btw

so there is some trick, and i just cant figure it out. I'd be happe to provide the block, but I am unable to make attachment to post.

Thanks for help

Sample.dwg

Yes the problem is caused by the fact that your block is dynamic, but there are a couple of simple workarounds for this. I cannot open your drawing as it is in a later version of AutoCAD than mine (2012). If you re-post the drawing saved as 2010 or earlier I'll have a look.

Is this a one off change, or are you trying to automate updating several instances of the block to be numbered sequentially over several layouts?

Thanks, 

here is a AC2010 file + the script i am using.

its only one block per file i need to change and its in a layout.

PS: i cannot use the COM style commands, i am using script in accoreconsole batch commands.

Thanks for help

Sample2010.dwg test_attr.scr

Edited by janickovic

OK. Attached is updated lisp and the drawing I tested it on. I copied the single layout to make three layout to test across multiple layouts. Tested and working.

I have enclosed the last part of your "script" into a (c:) defun named test. Once loaded type test. You can rename this to whatever you want. The script finds all blocks in paperspace and filters by the effectivename property to match  "_TITLEBLOCK_MAIN". This is in uppercase to avoid case problems matching strings using the "=" function. The lisp can be run from paperspace or modelspace as I have altered the ssget filter to attributed blocks NOT in modelspace .

test_attr1.lsp

Sample2010.dwg

Edited by dlanorh

thanks very much , but as i mentioned i cannot use vlax- methods, they do not work in AutoCad CoreConsole, it have to be pure lisp.

18 minutes ago, janickovic said:

thanks very much , but as i mentioned i cannot use vlax- methods, they do not work in AutoCad CoreConsole, it have to be pure lisp.

I noticed that on my edit. See attached version. You'll need to rename the ext from ".lsp" to ".scr". NOT tested

test_attr2.lsp

21 minutes ago, janickovic said:

Thanks very much!

Not a problem. My excuse is that I always use "ss". The (strcase) error was just a brainfart. :lol: