Labels - Gone wild

Silvercloak

Hi all,

Got a question, sometimes Civil3d labels baffle me.  I've got Manhole tags here, the first two look ok because I've had to drag and tweak them to set it properly.  But originally they started out exactly like the third label there.  I've tried changing the anchor point but maybe I'm doing something wrong.  Is there a way to get it to at LEAST snap closer to the manhole instead of trying to reach the center of the earth here?  Posted the summary, if you need more detail for how the label was made let me know.

Silvercloak

image.png.be614da02bfc3efe72e88afcb6b8c5f5.png

image.thumb.png.1a0333f4d465eaae5e59e3f91cf137dc.png

I believe there is a default value for the elevation of those labels. It's like inserting a block and leaving the Specify On-Screen box unchecked, it winds up somewhere you didn't expect.

Sorry, I don't have Civil 3D now, so I can't tell you exactly where to look. Maybe check the properties of the object(s) before drawing the profile.

• 4 weeks later...

Solved.  It's tucked away in settings.  The last place I'd look.  Gotta right click on Pipe Network and voila...  Now if only I could figure out how to get it to anchor the MH # bubble to top of the MH and the inverts to the bottom - but I can live with this.
image.thumb.png.bbe554ddf472e4db171bf2ab9ab1194c.png

I don't use Civil 3D, but have a voracious appetite for SETTINGS and OPTIONS.

Why settle for the OTB configuration, once you have enough experience to have your own personal preferences.

Lest I forget SYSVDLG (at least in AutoCad Vanilla) can really open ones eyes to alternate System Variable settings,

as one can easily use your cursor buttons to scroll through them, and if you don't learn something doing that,

then you know a hell of a lot more than most users.

Just remember to keep notes of any new changes to variables you might want to try out, in case you later decide against them.

Use the SAVE ALL button at the bottom of the dialog, and keep a copy somewhere, as a backup, should you ever need it.

"I don't use Civil 3D."

That's not a problem I am in my 4th year of CIV3D styles degree, retired now so maybe will not finish my degree.

Hi BIGAL that was sort of directed to silvercloak who seems to be appreciably less interested than I, in diving into the belly of the beast.  :beer:

Settings float my boat!  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Dadgad said:

Hi BIGAL that was sort of directed to silvercloak who seems to be appreciably less interested than I, in diving into the belly of the beast.  :beer:

Settings float my boat!  :thumbsup:

Lol I wasn't at work last night.  I'll check today and see what it's all about.

That's ok the styles can be immensely complicated with options like overrides. I wrote a import description keysets from excel because there is not one ! Set up a desc key set with 250 codes 1 at a time and see how long it takes.