Practice Drawing - Squares

RetroCAD

Dadgad - I will definitely go with more dog holes.  I have put the project on the back burner as I am trying to find the energy to get the shop fully insulated.  I don't have a lot of energy and can't put in a full day, especially  when it gets above 90 inside the shop.  Hopefully I will get it done before the end of the year but I want it done much earlier.  The shop is full and things hanging on the exposed 2x4 framing so I have to move things first before doing any work, then move that back and move other items.  The 12' ceiling will be a challenge as well but will be nice when I get it done.  I have an e-bike and go out with my wife 3 times a week for a 30 mile ride so that takes me away from the shop as well.  But definitely worth mixing things up.  Waiting for the Covid-19 cure to be available before we can do much in the way of other activities.

I agree about the e-bike BIGAL, makes it fun and easy to ride while still getting some exercise.  I have a Specialized Como which is a city bike with large diameter tires.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I haven't started on my mini workbench just yet.  I spent the summer getting the walls and ceiling of my shop insulated and covered.  Shop building is 24'x16'x11' high.  It was a pain to have it full of my stuff and bundles of insulation, stack of OSB and find room for a ladder, work space, etc.  I did a lot of cutting outside the shop so that helped.  I rearranged the equipment, rebuilt the miter saw stand and have been working for a month or more on dust control.  I am using a small wall mounted dust collector with a 4" hose that I move from tool to tool.  I couldn't justify the cost of a larger system with ducts to all tools and this seems to be working pretty well.  I built a hood for the miter saw from 1/4" plywood with the vacuum port on the bottom towards the back.  I am just about through getting the place setup how I want it so I can build the mini workbench.  Retirement is very nice, I would recommend it highly. Take Care.  Kent

• Like 1

yikes!  myself i'll probably retire in 2040 or so.  Or at least that's how long I think it will take.

Drafters don't make much unless you play your cards right. 

We don't make no engineer salary.

Although a civil engineer buddy of mine became a drafter because he got bored which is a pretty hilarious story.

Imagine being a drafter making engineer salary lol.  Last I talked to him he was still working at that place making insane money.

I figured 17 years in I would be doing alot better - but I have a feeling I'm not alone in this boat.

-ChriS

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Took me a long time to get the shop work settled and finally work on my mini workbench.  I went with all maple instead of the walnut.  And I did drill more holes than the drawing was showing, good idea.  It looks good in the photo but there were a few mistakes along the way.  Hope everyone is doing well.

mini workbench.jpg

• Like 1

Damn @rkent, that looks great!  Very robust scaling, nice vise and dog holes along the top of the vise jaw.  :beer:

Makes me miss my old shop.

Nice little guitars too!  :)

Edited by Dadgad
note added

Thanks  Dadgad.  I really can't believe I have the shop I do have in my backyard,  i take coffee down there and just hangout making plans for what's next.  I made a little guitar for my wife and the granddaughter (7 yes old) informed me I would be making one for her next, quite bossy that one.:)