Unable to enter surveyer coordinates (starting point of POB) in Oleson village project

Rave

Hello,

I have been giving it my best and searching all this forum for answers to the roblem I am currently having. I saw some questions here vaguely similar to what I am facing but not exactly that. 

This is what is happening: 

I followed the instructions here leading to the point where I need to enter the starting coordinated of POB. I use the OSNAP to find the end point of benchmark line and then when I go to enter the @113.66<N5D27'23W , and press enter, the line just rubber bands from benchmark endpoint. I tried:

-Turning off dynamic mode

- Turning on dynamic mode

Nothing works. Please help. I am desperately trying to finish assignments between remote schooling two kids and doing chores and barely get time except close to midnight. I am frustrated that I had scored so well on all other test and projects (manual drafting) and when it came to a project in AutoCAD ,it became difficult than easy at this point. 

I am scared that if I need to reinstall AutoCAD again, if I would lose everything I have worked as projects submitted in past or the assignments I tried out will be lost forever etc. I am also worried if I can actually reinstall it since the free version licence from Penn foster might expire . I dont have money to buy a licence. 

Re: Reinstall AutoCAD.  There is no need to do a reinstall of AutoCAD.  And, as long as you have saved your drawings in a separate folder located on your C:/ drive you would not lose any of your work.  I have drawings dating back to 1985 still sitting safely on my computer in such a folder.  BTW...you should make a habit of backing up your drawings to either a CD or a flash drive in case your computer goes belly up.

Hello,

I was able to find the lines, by zooming real close :) 

I created tree and tree remove blocks, by just drawing a circle (of 15 diameter)(for each block) and then creating the insert point as the center point of each circle. Is that enough? or should i actually draw it like a tree? 

I am working on the rest of the steps now. Thank you for the information provided in previous posts too, its a huge help. 

Penn-Foster does not specify what symbol to use to denote a tree.  It is left entirely up to the student.  Some students just like to be a little more creative.

Like Remark there are free trees out there but can freehand something that looks like a tree pretty quick just start with circle for size try 1 for diameter and osnap off, use a pline.

image.png.0978edb022d8901535f7555399d55090.png

• Like 1

@ReMarki am trying to create Lot 5:should i follow similar steps from creating Lot 4: here i need to draw a circle with radius 

of 69.10 , center point at the west end of the southern property line of Lot4? I am trying to follow your reply to a previous thread (dec 7, 2012) to "Autocad Student-Apprentice" where you drew circles. How did you draw the red circle of Lot 4 ? what radius is it? i have attached your answer to a previous thread , and i would like to know the measurement to draw the circles. 

Oleson Village Lots 4 5 6.jpg

i have also attached a png file of my work till now.

2020-06-02.png

@ReMarkI am trying to draw the two additional streetlines and centerlines for Kensignton Place and SW Oleson Road. I didnt see where the width of it is given in the document. I am attaching my recent work. Also the buffer/sidewalk and curb for the first cul de sac (the one that connects lot 1,2,3,4,5,6), whats the dimensions for offsetting it?

2020-06-02 (2).png

The width of SW Kensington Place is listed as 40 feet.  The width of SW Oleson Road R.O.W. is listed as 80 feet.  The offsets you are asking about are 1 foot (curb), 3 foot (parking strip) and 6 foot (sidewalk) for a total of 10 feet.

Thank yoy @ReMark ! I would like to clarify the offsets for curb, parking strip and sidewalk that you mentioned above. Was that for the first cul de sac? i was looking through the image you posted in the old thread: attaching below

Oleson Village Sidewalk etc.jpg

That's for both roads.  And let me clarify something.  The offsets fall inside the streetlines (also referred to as the R.O.W. lines).  So. it is 1 foot between the streetline and the back of the sidewalk.  Then 6 feet for the sidewalk itself and finally 3 feet for the parking strip as shown in the above image. 

• Like 1

Got it ! Thanks a lot ! I was reading through your replies on that thread and I saw your comment about the offsets falling inside the street lines. Does this look ok? the parking strip should be on the border Layer with yellow right? 

2020-06-03 (1).png

I have another question , what is the coordinate at which the SW Davies Court starts from SW 85th Avenue? 

2020-06-03 (2).png

Edited by Rave
My drawing shows there is no space to draw this SW Davies Court anywhere with its cul de sac and all. When i compared my drawing, i also noticed that I had offset the Alden st (i dont know where i saw that info but it is not enough to insert the SW Davies

is this how it should be looking? i am inserting your drawing from previous thread for comparison with mine in my reply above

Oleson Village surrounding area.jpg

okay I got far from the previous question and now i am trying to draw the SW Washington st, its width is 50 and it starts at the benchmark, but i am trying to see how much the length is and cant find that info anywhere on the pdf. Could you please tell me? 

attaching my updated work: 

2020-06-04.png