Unable to enter surveyer coordinates (starting point of POB) in Oleson village project

Rave

If you pay attention to what you are doing you can copy and paste the coordinates into AutoCAD, a pair at a time, when prompted by AutoCAD to specify insertion point of your tree block.

@ReMark That tip was so convenient ! Thank you.

I noticed that even though my Tree Remove layer is assigned the blue color, the trees show up as orange. I am wondering why this happened. I have been checking the layer properties, but it shows blue. 

2020-06-05 (1).png

I am trying to make the boundary arcs  and i am not able to understand how to make them dashed. i changed it to layer boundary and then changed the linetype scale to different values, but it never helped. it looks continuous instead of dashed. How do i change it to dashed arc? I am attaching my image for reference. 

2020-06-07.png

I am trying to find in the pdf where they told to put the Legend, its not mentioned. Also it says "Draw a boundary line around the entire subdivision. Use a polyline with a width of 5 units." I dont understand how to do that, what does it mean by width of 5 unit boundry (thickness?) sorry if i sound lame !

When you use the pline command and option is width so use W and set it to 5 you may need to set start and end width can use return for end

North arrows should go in the upper left hand corner of your drawing.  The legend can then be placed in the lower right hand corner.  

@ReMark Thank you !

I  created North arrow. It should be on the layer Arrow, am i right? How about the legend, what layer is it?

I tried to now move the trees as per instructions (i froze all layers and kept the tree layers open). When i use the move command to select objects, it says 70 objects found and not 68 like it should. I understand i copied two trees for creating the legend. I dont remember which particular two trees i had copied. How do i get it to 68?

Here is what i am seeing on my screen:

I rechecked and rechecked and i see that i had put 65 trees to start with and when i use the move command, it says 70 found 🤔, iam confused. 

PS: Are you able to see the files i attach and share here?

2020-06-08.png

It's possible you have multiple trees inserted at multiple locations.  You can use the OVERKILL command to delete duplicate objects.

Yes, the North arrow goes on the "Arrow" layer.  There is no specific layer for the Legend.  I would put it on the Text layer.

And yes, I do see the images you have posted.

@ReMark Could you please help with creating the title block? I tried creating the rectangle (24 by 36) and somehow the dot line in trim layer makes it look like an oval or just not rectangular.

and also the 24 by 36 looks so small , i wonder what its purpose is if its looking so small. I don't understand the steps in pdf. 

Ok, i tried and figured how to make the whited dotted trim, the yellow border, and the red title block. I am having trouble understanding the next few steps: "block your drawing of border and title block " does that mean i dont select the white trim? just the yellow border and red title block? 

And i dont understand the two steps following this where its asked to insert it in the plat map in a way it covers the entities and also using a 1:1 scale. The description gets further unclear after that. i am attaching my drawing for reference.

2020-06-11.png

In essence, you are creating a block of the title block and border you were instructed to create.  The block will then have to be scaled large enough to fit around the Oleson Village plot plan you created.  I can't recall what the scale factor for this block will be off the top of my head.  I am not on my CAD computer at the moment and won't be until Friday morning.  Sorry.

The other alternative is to use a layout, I think there are some tutorials here search.

You go to a blank layout, insert your title block, make it true size ie 36x24 units then use the mview command to make a window inside the title block, dbl click to go inside, Zoom E, the plan should appear but at random scale, I work metric so will leave it for others to explain in feet how to scale.

image.thumb.png.96551039261af0901027ca6973e15bc3.png

• Like 1

@ReMark and @BIGAL

Thanks a lot !

I just completed my project and going through the entire thing trying to freeze layers to see if anything is out of place. I noticed there are few layers named : Defpoints, Row, and Centerwhich I dont seem to have used for any drawing ,or maybe I don't remember. Would you know what belongs in these layers? 

2020-06-12.png

The defpoints layer will always exist anytime you make a dimension it happens automatically it does not plot.

The other layers not sure, you can clean up the dwg removing unused objects by the Purge command so if those layers are not used they will be removed. If pretty safe to run Purge, were I worked previously we had like 250 layers for field survey objects a purge would bring that back to around 50.