track Easting, Northing to smooth

cat3appr

Hi all!

I have this track: Easting, Northing, which represent the track of a ship. I need to smooth it in a way that it will keep the same number of points . Is there a way to do this in Autocad?  I know in excel i can run a moving average based on xx points, but it would be nice to have  it done in CAD, is it possible? 

thank you!

track to smooth.csv

Have you tried the pline Pedit spline and curve options ?

Do osmode 0, then you can take your excel data just put "pline " in say D1 note plus a single space, put in d2 =concatenate (A2,",",B2) then copy down, just copy all items in column D plus 1 empty cell to command line, pline will be made. 

The last point is nearly same as 1st point ? Maybe leave out  or was this done on purpose ?

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

Have you tried the pline Pedit spline and curve options ?

Do osmode 0, then you can take your excel data just put "pline " in say D1 note plus a single space, put in d2 =concatenate (A2,",",B2) then copy down, just copy all items in column D plus 1 empty cell to command line, pline will be made. 

The last point is nearly same as 1st point ? Maybe leave out  or was this done on purpose ?

Thank you, I tried to Pedit, spline, but I don't see any curve option?

I'm not sure how to do this in CAD" take your excel data just put "pline " in say D1 note plus a single space, put in d2 =concatenate (A2,",",B2) then copy down," 

or are you talking about excel, and do a moving average formula over there? 

Your data was a bit muddled. The first nine points seem to come after the 1328th point!

So I plotted all the points and drew a polyline (black line) between them. The long straight line is the joining up of point 9 with point 10.

Then I copied the polyline and used the option Fit in the polyline edit command to give the red line. AutoCAD curve fits as best it can between the points and the resultant line goes through all the points. Whether this meets with your requirements, you have to decide. If you can calculate in Excel a revised set of points, it can be quickly drawn in AutoCAD.

smooth track.PNG

More track.PNG