lisp req - lock & unlock autocad objects with password

xpr0

hello everyone,

i would like to request a the lisp that locks the selected objects with a password & converts the selected objects into a single uneditable block. which cannot be exploded, also you cannot select, copy, move, delete or modify the individual objects within that block unless you unlock it with the password 

there is a lisp in ZwCad called "Lockup & Unlock" (below is the YouTube video link, which shows how this lockup lisp works).

I want the exact same lisp for autocad.  because zwcad's lockup lisp does not work in Autocad, it is compiled to work with zwcad only.

Pretty sure this has been discussed before and you can only lock a dwg not objects. The post was the same about end users getting access to your blocks. The simple way is an end user agreement that while you provide a dwg they can not use your blocks etc without your permission. It may not be worth the paper its written on but its a start.

I know personally about you can use this but don't give to any one else, the 4th person commented about using it so who gave it to person 2 3 & 4 and so on.

13 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Pretty sure this has been discussed before and you can only lock a dwg not objects. The post was the same about end users getting access to your blocks. The simple way is an end user agreement that while you provide a dwg they can not use your blocks etc without your permission. It may not be worth the paper its written on but its a start.

I know personally about you can use this but don't give to any one else, the 4th person commented about using it so who gave it to person 2 3 & 4 and so on.

Individual objects can be locked with a password in zwcad via lisp. & i think it can also be done in Autocad with a lisp. just need someone with enough knowledge and time to do it. here, we have many experts that can do it. hopefully someone will turn up. 

In the video dedicated commands, Lockup and Unlock, are discussed. My guess is that the Lisp you are referring uses these commands. Recreating the same functionality for a DWG editor (AutoCAD or BricsCAD or...) lacking these commands, relying on pure Lisp, is probably impossible.

I'd be interested in getting my hands on such a DWG though...

Edited by Roy_043

If the lock program uses  a separate program it may be able to be opened. The hard part is working out if its a separate program or part of a .dll

Some of the express programs can be ran separately from a lisp eg ETRIM.

Like Roy-043 post a dwg.

Edited by BIGAL

Just a thought,if it a block was loaked so it cannot be copied and so on, what would stop one say ploting it as a PDF and then converting the PDFs back to a DWG? Depends on the complexity of the block of course. Point is though even if it was locked it cab be copied easily enough I think

locked as ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY ? 

LAYLCK? efficient but can't apply password

as protected anonymous block (warning: i never tried FAS or VLX from that link) it can't be exploded? but can be scaled, moved.

password stored in drawing?

wblock? vla-saveas IMO interface securityparams is most secured, INSERT requires password.

Edited by hanhphuc
link
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:32 PM, hanhphuc said:

locked as ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY ? 

LAYLCK? efficient but can't apply password

as protected anonymous block (warning: i never tried FAS or VLX from that link) it can't be exploded? but can be scaled, moved.

password stored in drawing?

wblock? vla-saveas IMO interface securityparams is most secured, INSERT requires password.

thanx, that was helpful, not exactly what I was looking for but as they say something is better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, xpr0 said:

thanx, that was helpful, not exactly what I was looking for but as they say something is better than nothing. 

as roy043

I'd be interested in getting my hands on such a DWG though...

BIGAL

Like Roy-043 post a dwg.

it's not helpful without sample, but if password encrypted then no solution.

example: if xdata exists, app name is "ABC"

(if (and (setq en (car (entsel "\nPick entity ")))   
             (setq e (entget en '("ABC"))))
             (cdr (assoc 1000 (cdadr (assoc -3 e)))) 
    )

FWIW checker