I cannot edit my Autocad drawing.

Suckage

I am a new Autocad user and I opened this already complete drawing of a house plan in the software. When I tried editing it, such as moving, erasing, or selecting items, I could not do it. I could not select any item that was already on the drawing, whether it was the furniture or the walls or anything else. However, when I pressed "command + A" in order to select all the objects on the drawing, only the frame around the drawing or the house plan would be selected. This meant that I could only move the entire plan as a whole. I could however add items from the "Blocks in current drawing" tab to the drawing, which can be selected and moved around, but I still cannot move the present items or "blocks" already there. None of the layers are locked. Can anyone please help, as it would be much appreciated. Thank you. Here are the pictures

It looks like you're in a layout tab and you've selected the title block. Switch to the "Model" tab and you should be able to select the individual parts of the drawing.

2 hours ago, Dadgad said:

Either that, or you should be able to DOUBLE CLICK inside the viewport.

Just make sure you verify the viewport is locked before you double click inside. It amazes me how many people DON'T lock their viewports. :roll:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cad64 said:

Just make sure you verify the viewport is locked before you double click inside. It amazes me how many people DON'T lock their viewports. :roll:

Good point Cad64.

I have a coworker  who rarely does, after almost 40 years of CAD.

I created a LOCK ALL VIEWPORTS button, gets used routinely!   :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Dadgad can you post lock this is a zoom all layouts maybe put the two together.

; goes through all layout tabs and zooms all
; By Alan H june 2011

(vl-load-com)
(command "_.pspace")
(setq curtab (getvar "Ctab"))

(foreach d (layoutlist)
    (setvar "CTAB" d)
    (COMMAND "PSPACE")
    (command "zoom" "C" "400,277" 750) ; in case junk around title block
)

(setvar "ctab" curtab)
(princ)