Hatching explodes blocks and duplicates content 24 times

mickeforsberg

Hi,

So this is a weird issue I've run into a couple of times. I'm pretty certain it has to do with hatching difficult areas where it either doesn't work or the hatch applies where you don't want it because of gaps.

All of a sudden I'm seeing that all of my blocks have been exploded and multiplied in place 24 times. For example if I had a circle with hatch inside in a block - I now have 24 circles and 24 round hatches instead of one block.

And I won't notice it right away since it still looks fine so long as the hatches don't get sent to the front (which also happens time and time again for some reason that perhaps somebody can explain?), so I don't know how far I've worked on the drawing before realizing it's completely f*****.

I'm using AutoCAD 2020 now but I've seen this issue in 2018 as well.

Attached drawing with the issue, if anyone is interested in taking a look. Blocks as they should be are placed under the floor plan and the ones inside the floor plans are affected after the hatching.

test.dwg

Also look at the blocks outside the floor plan at the top of the drawing. There are 12 copies of those as well. (one original and eleven copies)

2 hours ago, Dadgad said:

I am curious.   What happens if you use the OVERKILL command?

OVERKILL seems to work as intended, deleting all of the duplicates. But the block is still exploded, there is no "original" left.

1 hour ago, eldon said:

Also look at the blocks outside the floor plan at the top of the drawing. There are 12 copies of those as well. (one original and eleven copies)

Indeed, but why are there only 12 of these and not 24 like the others? Very weird.

• 3 months later...

Just happened again. This time I did not hatch any difficult areas, however I did TRIM the hatches. I froze the block layer beforehand because everytime I hover the mouse to trim a bit of a hatch every block reloads and more often than not the layer view order changes when trimming hatches putting every block under them.

This time it only duplicated the content of the block 7 times though.

So I think it has to do with trimming hatches, not hatching per se.

Does anybody trim hatches and have noticed similar bugs?

Edit: I just remembered that I can make the blocks non-explodable. Perhaps that will help.

Edited by mickeforsberg
Additional info

• 3 years later...

Yes, I've been having a similar issue- blocks, hatches and dimensions getting randomly exploded in LT 2023.

And display order of linework in a hatch -think a rectangle with an X for a cut timber member.  I R click on the hatch to send it to the back, which it does visibly.  Then when I try to select the X lines, it selects the hatch instead. This never used to happen on the old versions of  LT... 2008 for instance. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2023 at 11:34 PM, G NZ said:

Yes, I've been having a similar issue- blocks, hatches and dimensions getting randomly exploded in LT 2023.

And display order of linework in a hatch -think a rectangle with an X for a cut timber member.  I R click on the hatch to send it to the back, which it does visibly.  Then when I try to select the X lines, it selects the hatch instead. This never used to happen on the old versions of  LT... 2008 for instance. 

Hatches are just the worst! I don't have this weird bug anymore as far as I know. I don't know if I do anything differently or that some update fixed it.