copy&paste from model to layout leaves elements out

sinergy

Hi,

I am using Autocad Architecture 2019 to creating a title block template.

I draw the title block (as explained in many videos tutorials) in the model, I add multi-line text elements and fields.

When I eventually copy and paste the finished block title in the layout, the multiline text elements don't get pasted as well as all the others, and can't understand why this may happen

Does anyone have any clues?

Cheers

Are you using annotative text?  If so, and the annotative scale assigned to the text is not 1:1 it will not be visible at 1:1 scale in paperspace.  Paperspace is always 1:1 except for the viewports.  There are toggles you can set so the anno text that is not scaled to the current view is visible, but it still won't plot.

If it is not an annotative scaling issue then we will need some more info.  Can you post a drawing here?

Hi Dana

I can see that the text is annotative and it has 1:100 annotative scale, for some of the mtext elements but not all. Actually I just realized that the only text element that gets pasted is the one that is not annotative.

But don't know how to change the rest because (at least from the properties dialog) it doesn't let me

edit it.

Please find attached a copy of the file

And the text color is all B/W

A3-landscape-Titleblock.dwg

Edited by sinergy

Another way to move objects from model space to paper space is the CHSPACE command. Before you use it on text, make sure annotation is turned off. Weird things can happen to annotative text. 

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Well I was just following the instructions in video tutorials.

Right now I have just copied and pasted the title block drawing I did in the model space in the paper space, configured to be A3. Also I changed the text elements from annotated text to

The only thing that I am still missing is how to use the fields where I can enter data. For example, I defined various fields, with the FIELD command, but when I copy the title block in the paper space a dialog appears asking for values of each of the fields, I enter the values and click ok but the values do not get transferred in the corresponding field of the title block and only the default value appears....and don't understand why.

Edited by sinergy

1 hour ago, sinergy said:

The only thing that I am still missing is how to use the fields where I can enter data. For example, I defined various fields, with the FIELD command, but when I copy the title block in the paper space a dialog appears asking for values of each of the fields, I enter the values and click ok but the values do not get transferred in the corresponding field of the title block and only the default value appears....and don't understand why.

You probably want to use attributes instead of fields. Also, you may want to find better tutorials.

15 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

You probably want to use attributes instead of fields. Also, you may want to find better tutorials.

Thanks @CyberAngel. I'll look into that.
Also, would you be able to suggest a good source for tutorials? How do I know if a tutorial is good if I only have little experience in using autocad?