get tag , prompt , value of block attributes

mstb

hello everybody

I want to get tag , prompt , value  of block attributes with lisp.

but it is impossible with entget ?
excuseme for my bad english

3 hours ago, mstb said:

hello everybody

but it is impossible with entget ?
excuseme for my bad english

You will have to expand on what you want.

Do you have to use entget or will Visual lisp do equally as well?

Do you want all Attributes for a selected block reference or all attributed blocks in the block table?

If it is the block table option you are restricted to the default value string if any.

think OP wants something like this (an oldie from Fixo i believe)

(vl-load-com)(defun C:demo  (/ blockdata blockdef blockname blockref en ent tmp)  (if (setq ent (entsel "\n   >>   Select a block instance   >>"))    (progn      (setq en	      (car ent)	    blockref  (vlax-ename->vla-object en)	    blockname (vla-get-effectivename blockref)	    blockdef  (vla-item			(vla-get-blocks			  (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))			blockname)	    )      (if (equal :vlax-true (vla-get-hasattributes blockref))	(progn	  (foreach attrib  (vlax-invoke blockref 'GetAttributes)	    (vlax-for item  blockdef	      (if (equal (vla-get-objectname item) "AcDbAttributeDefinition")		(progn		  (if (equal (vla-get-tagstring attrib) (vla-get-tagstring item))		    (progn		      (setq tmp	(list				  (vla-get-promptstring item)				  (vla-get-tagstring attrib)				  (vla-get-textstring attrib)))		      (setq blockdata (cons tmp blockdata))		      )		    )		  )		)	      )	    )	  (setq blockdata(reverse blockdata)		)	  (foreach lst blockdata	    (princ (strcat "\n Prompt: "			   (car lst)			   " *** Tag: "			   (cadr lst)			   " *** Value: "			   (last lst)))	    )	  )	)      )    (princ "\n  >>  Nothing selected. Try again...")    )  (princ)  )  (prompt "\n   >>   Type DEMO to execute..." )  (prin1)

found it here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rlx said:

(vl-load-com)(defun C:demo  (/ blockdata blockdef blockname blockref en ent tmp)  (if (setq ent (entsel "\n   >>   Select a block instance   >>"))    (progn      (setq en	      (car ent)	    blockref  (vlax-ename->vla-object en)	    blockname (vla-get-effectivename blockref)	    blockdef  (vla-item			(vla-get-blocks			  (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))			blockname)	    )      (if (equal :vlax-true (vla-get-hasattributes blockref))	(progn	  (foreach attrib  (vlax-invoke blockref 'GetAttributes)	    (vlax-for item  blockdef	      (if (equal (vla-get-objectname item) "AcDbAttributeDefinition")		(progn		  (if (equal (vla-get-tagstring attrib) (vla-get-tagstring item))		    (progn		      (setq tmp	(list				  (vla-get-promptstring item)				  (vla-get-tagstring attrib)				  (vla-get-textstring attrib)))		      (setq blockdata (cons tmp blockdata))		      )		    )		  )		)	      )	    )	  (setq blockdata(reverse blockdata)		)	  (foreach lst blockdata	    (princ (strcat "\n Prompt: "			   (car lst)			   " *** Tag: "			   (cadr lst)			   " *** Value: "			   (last lst)))	    )	  )	)      )    (princ "\n  >>  Nothing selected. Try again...")    )  (princ)  )  (prompt "\n   >>   Type DEMO to execute..." )  (prin1)

found it here

Thank you very much

4 hours ago, dlanorh said:

You will have to expand on what you want.

Do you have to use entget or will Visual lisp do equally as well?

Do you want all Attributes for a selected block reference or all attributed blocks in the block table?

If it is the block table option you are restricted to the default value string if any.

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, rlx said:

found it here

It is indeed "Fixo" as I recognise the photo. Sadly missed. :cry:

11 hours ago, mstb said:

..but it is impossible with entget ?..

Similar to what fixo had, thru the block definition.

(defun getAttdefData ( bn / ent enx lst )
   (if (setq ent (tblobjname "block" bn))
       (while (setq ent (entnext ent))
           (if (= "ATTDEF" (cdr (assoc 0 (setq enx (entget ent)))))
               (setq lst
                   (cons
		     (mapcar '(lambda (n)(cdr (assoc n enx)))
		       	'(2 1));<-- add more att prop here TEXTSTYLE HEIGHT etc.
                       lst
                   )
               )
           )
       )
   )
   lst
)

This is way faster than VL.

I  have not personally met Fixo, our correspondents was limited to emails,  asking me from time to time to test a code he's woking on,  eventually the messages became more  about life and christimas greeting and the like. For the longest time he was egging me to learn .NET  and was even kind enough to share his code snippets thru Dropbox. I miss his enthusiasm most of all. The man is truly a legend. 

pBe

Edited by pBe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pBe said:

I  have not personally met Fixo, our correspondents was limited to emails,  asking me from time to time to test a code he's woking on,  eventually the messages became more  about life and christimas greeting and the like. For the longest time he was egging me to learn .NET  and was even kind enough to share his code snippets thru Dropbox. I miss his enthusiasm most of all. The man is truly a legend. 

pBe

👍

This is the version that I use (short and fast):

(defun GetAtt (/ b ls_prt ls_tag ls_val)
  (if (setq b (entsel "\nSelect block: "))
    (progn
      (setq b (vlax-ename->vla-object (car b)))
      (if (= (vla-get-objectname b) "AcDbBlockReference")
        (progn
          (vlax-for item (vla-item (vla-get-blocks (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) (vla-get-name b))
            (if (= (vla-get-objectname item) "AcDbAttributeDefinition")
              (setq  ls_prt (cons (vla-get-promptstring item) ls_prt) ;;PROMPT List
                     ls_tag (cons (vla-get-tagstring    item) ls_tag) ;;TAG List
                     ls_val (cons (vla-get-textstring   item) ls_val) ;;VALUE List
;;                   Other block attribute properties...
              )
            )
          )
          (if ls_prt (list ls_prt ls_tag ls_val)(prompt "\nSelected block has no attributes."))
        )
        (prompt "\nSelected entity is not block.")
      )
    )
    (prompt "\nNothing selected.")
  )
) ;;GetAtt

never was the most clever dragon at dragon school but wont just double click on one of the attributes not open the enhanced attribute editor and give you all this info?

enhanced-att-editor.jpg

16 minutes ago, lido said:

This is the version that I use (short and fast):

Sorry to burst your bubble Lido, that version is not short and definitely NOT fast.

(GETATTDEFDATA "AblockName")......2078 / 6.99 <fastest>
    (_VLDATA AVlaObject).............14516 / 1.00 <slowest>

Edited by pBe

6 minutes ago, rlx said:

never was the most clever dragon at dragon school but wont just double click on one of the attributes not open the enhanced attribute editor and give you all this info?

That is true. :) 

But we need to honor the OP

8 minutes ago, pBe said:

That is true. :) 

are you referring to the school part or the editor part? 🤣

I was only wondering , once OP has this info what he (or she) is going to do with it. If its just one block, using a lisp seems like overkill. Use it on all the blocks in a dwg or all dwgs in a folder would be more interesting but still I wonder what's next 🤔

That VL can be very slow I found out recently. Was making an app to redefine blocks with option for cur->all (current dwg to all open dwgs) , cur->dbx / cur->dbx folder etc etc. and I was surprised , and not in a good way , how slow it was. Its fine for a couple of blocks and a few drawings but for mass production gonna go old school and just use a script or core console and just use insert ...=... and be done with it.

10 minutes ago, rlx said:

are you referring to the school part or the editor part? 🤣

The dragon at the school of course 😊

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, pBe said:

Sorry to burst your bubble Lido, that version is not short and definitely NOT fast.

(GETATTDEFDATA "AblockName")......2078 / 6.99 <fastest>
    (_VLDATA AVlaObject).............14516 / 1.00 <slowest>

@pBe Neither of the two functions belongs to me. By the way, where does the "_VLDATA" function come from?😉

27 minutes ago, lido said:

@pBe Neither of the two functions belongs to me.

Don't mean anything by it lido.  At least now you know right? 👍

27 minutes ago, lido said:

..By the way, where does the "_VLDATA" function come from?😉

It  this bit off the code you posted:

(defun _VLDATA (b / ls_prt ls_tag ls_val)
(vlax-for item (vla-item (vla-get-blocks (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) (vla-get-name b))
            (if (= (vla-get-objectname item) "AcDbAttributeDefinition")
              (setq  ls_prt (cons (vla-get-promptstring item) ls_prt) ;;PROMPT List
                     ls_tag (cons (vla-get-tagstring    item) ls_tag) ;;TAG List
                     ls_val (cons (vla-get-textstring   item) ls_val) ;;VALUE List
;;                   Other block attribute properties...
              )
            )
          )
     )

I merely gave it a function name. [ Tested on a Dynamic Block with 8 Attributes ]

Although I would take VL approach if I have to use ODBX. 

Edited by pBe

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:53 PM, pBe said:

Similar to what fixo had, thru the block definition.

This is way faster than VL.

pBe

Hi pBe, It is sad to say that FIXO had passed away a few years ago , He was one of my teachers, and a good friend at the distance, He from St Petersburg, I from Cordoba Argentina.  If you see his avatar he show a tv Screen with the Argentina Flag, it was from a former Football World Cup, maybe Germany. 

19 hours ago, devitg said:

i am getting so sad for hearing that, so many times i was looking for his post, i suspect to bad event for him, he was great, in initial years at (maybe 2008~2010) once i attend to this furrom often put post for helping me 🥺😖😭

We dont remmember you fixo great lisp coder 🥺😖😭

Capturdde.JPG

Edited by hosyn