XRefs

nidhi singhania

Working on XRefs, how is it!! Is it easier and quicker than working on Layout & Models, in AutoCad !!

If so, can someone suggest me with a free learning site, where I can learn drafting in Xref !!

Thank you and hope you all are safe and healthy.

An xref is just another drawing that is referenced into your current drawing. Xref's are useful when you have a base file, like a floorplan, that you need referenced into multiple other drawings. By having the floorplan as an xref, you can make changes to that drawing and those changes will show up in all the other drawings that have the floorplan xref inserted, once you reload it.

Here's a video explaining how xrefs work.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cad64 said:

An xref is just another drawing that is referenced into your current drawing. Xref's are useful when you have a base file, like a floorplan, that you need referenced into multiple other drawings. By having the floorplan as an xref, you can make changes to that drawing and those changes will show up in all the other drawings that have the floorplan xref inserted, once you reload it.

Here's a video explaining how xrefs work.

Thank you for the video, really helped me to understand few most basic thing about XRefs. 

Also, do you think, it's important for someone to work on XRef, if he/she is working on the project single handedly!!

Because, I think, Layouts are good enough option to work on.

1 hour ago, nidhi singhania said:

Also, do you think, it's important for someone to work on XRef, if he/she is working on the project single handedly!!

Because, I think, Layouts are good enough option to work on.

It depends. If you're only working inside one drawing file, and you're creating all the content inside the drawing, then there's probably no need for xrefs. But if you're creating multiple drawings that all need to share the same base information, then xrefs are kind of important. Also, if you're receiving files from outside sources, like an architect, then you should xref the architects files into your drawing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cad64 said:

It depends. If you're only working inside one drawing file, and you're creating all the content inside the drawing, then there's probably no need for xrefs. But if you're creating multiple drawings that all need to share the same base information, then xrefs are kind of important. Also, if you're receiving files from outside sources, like an architect, then you should xref the architects files into your drawing.

Ok...

Thank you for your help🙏