Problem with autocad precision

koolarsenal

I have a problem with autocad 2007 precision. For example, I draw a rectangle that snap to 2 endpoints of my columns. As you can see in the attached image, the distance between these columns is 10000 and 8000. So the area of this rectangle should be 80000000. But when I looked at the rectangle porperties, it showed a non-perfect number. I desperately checked all the possible reason like snap or drawing unit precision, I even tried with autocad 2017, but it didn't work. Anyone can help me please, thank you so much.

eRROR.jpg

Truc cot.dwg

11 hours ago, Cad64 said:

Measure the length of your rectangle using the Distance command. It's not 10000. It's 9999.99461.

Thanks for your reply, I dont know why this happen, I copy my column exactly 10000 units, so it should be 10000 right?

The rectangle is not snapped exactly to the corner point of the column on the left side. If you zoom in really close, you will see that's it's not snapped correctly. And if you measure the distance you will see that it's off by 0.00539.

If you delete that rectangle and draw a new one, it should be correct, as long as you carefully select the endpoints of the columns.

Not Snapped Precisely.jpg

• Like 2

The other dimension is 8000.00000029.

In fact when the precision is set to 8 places of decimals, some of the dimensions do not seem to be exact. The overall length is 63999.99999925. Probably near enough not to matter, but when exactness is available, why not use it?

• Like 2