Search for code that generate close polyline from a list of lines

bah026

Hello,

I need to generate a close polylines from the end/beginning points of a line , which mean, after I'm having all lines in the drawing I need to run some loop that find the vertex of those lines and to generate a poly from those vertexes, The vertex point I already able to find by autolist code, so I only need to generate the polyline.

in the attached files I have example of the beforeDocument2.pdf and after that result I need to get

Thanks for the answers, The Bpoly don't do it's work, even a simples lines, it couldn't recognize the 4  closed poly, only the 2 outers (yellow and green)

Annotation 2020-06-28 124923.jpg

The option of using enclosed_polyline.lsp is not working either, it's don't create a closed poly, worst result then bpoly, it even didin't recognized the yellow poly

4 hours ago, bah026 said:

The option of using enclosed_polyline.lsp is not working either, it's don't create a closed poly, worst result then bpoly, it even didin't recognized the yellow poly

Enclosed_polylines is about finding EACH closed area in a selection. If it's not what you are looking for, then you should explain better.

I'd really like to see each of the 2 samples you already posted, but with both "before" and "after" situation.

And, most important, how do you see them the same? For me, looks like 2 different tasks.

• Like 1

Agree with Stefan your 1st example was random lines not overlapping objects.

If I remember correct there is an answer using region for simple overlapping objects. This is not a new request and has been solved previously its a case of finding that solution.

Google is your friend.

A quick and dirty, draw say a circle or pline around outside of objects, then BOUNDARY with island detect on Pline option, pick point inside circle see image two plines are made. Very limited testing.

image.png.501b042b4fc263e2294338140b457155.png

On 6/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, bah026 said:

Thanks for the answers, The Bpoly don't do it's work, even a simples lines, it couldn't recognize the 4  closed poly, only the 2 outers (yellow and green)

I would say that 6 different polylines can be derived from those lines.

Very confusing what is required ?

DWG 11

erase the two lines inside box

PE Y join pick all lines top right 

oops put 2 lines back

now = what was posted DWG 11 after

NO CODE. Just like my 1st post.

Edited by BIGAL

Bigal, It's just an example I need to run a script on complicated drawing with thousands of lines.

See attached example the "before" is an example drawing with 17 lines

The "after" is a drawing contains 7 polylines (with small space between them and with colors so you'll be able to see them all) that created manually, but in order to work on a large drawing I need to have some script that scans all the lines, find the vertex of the lines  and generate all the polylines from the created vertex, I hope I explain myself clear

example-after.dwg example-before.dwg

I am not sure whether the goal posts are shifting.

With your first example, I used PEDIT with the multiple option and formed two separate polylines.

With your second example, the boundary command would do what you want.

So now you want a magician to write an omnipotent app to do what you want in different situations!!

Use REGION command and select all lines... Then use this routine on selection of all regions previously created :

(defun c:regs2lws ( / pea ss i reg n k m p z f )

(vl-load-com)

(setq pea (getvar 'peditaccept))
  (setvar 'peditaccept 1)
  (prompt "\nSelect REGIONS convertable to lwpolylines (lines+arcs) to convert them to LWPOLYLINES...")
  (while (null (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "REGION")))))
    (prompt "\nEmpty sel. set... Try selecting again...")
  )
  (setq k 0 m 0 sss (ssadd))
  (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
    (setq reg (ssname ss (setq i (1- i))))
    (setq n (vlax-safearray->list (vlax-variant-value (vla-get-normal (vlax-ename->vla-object reg)))))
    (vl-cmdf "_.UCS" "_W")
    (vl-cmdf "_.EXPLODE" reg)
    (while (< 0 (getvar 'cmdactive)) (vl-cmdf ""))
    (if (vl-every '(lambda ( x ) (or (eq (cdr (assoc 0 (entget x))) "LINE") (eq (cdr (assoc 0 (entget x))) "ARC")))
          (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex (ssget "_P"))))
        )
        (progn
          (setq m (1+ m) z t)
          (setq p (vlax-curve-getstartpoint (entlast)))
          (vl-cmdf "_.UCS" "_M" p)
          (vl-cmdf "_.UCS" "_ZA" "" n)
          (vl-cmdf "_.PEDIT" "_M" (ssget "_P") "" "_J")
          (while (> (getvar 'cmdactive) 0) (vl-cmdf ""))
          (ssadd (entlast) sss)
          (vl-cmdf "_.UCS" "_P")
          (vl-cmdf "_.UCS" "_P")
        )
        (progn
          (setq k (1+ k) f t)
          (vl-cmdf "_.UNDO" "1")
        )
    )
    (vl-cmdf "_.UCS" "_P")
  )
  (if z (progn (prompt "\nThere were : ") (princ m) (prompt " REGIONS - that were converted to LWPOLYLINES")))
  (if f (progn (prompt "\nThere were : ") (princ k) (prompt " REGIONS - that were impossible to be converted to LWPOLYLINES")))
  (if z
    (progn
      (prompt "\nSelection set is stored in variable : \"sss\"...")
      (sssetfirst nil sss)
    )
  )
  (setvar 'peditaccept pea)
  (princ)
)

Regards, M.R.