CUSTOMISING MEMU BAR - ITEMS DON'T DISPLAY

Good day

System info

Customising Autocad 2007

Windows 7 (still works for me)

Please assist me with the following problem

1  I am busy to add customising to my ACAD.CUI file (Menu Bar - see 3 x Attachments)

2  Screen Shot 01 - I am adding LIBRARY-01 and SANITARY as new Menu's with sub-menu's

3  Screen Shot 02 - They should appear after the item DOR-PLN

4  Screen Shot 03 - Shows the added sub-menu's

During the course of adding new items like NAME, MACRO and BITMAP icons to the IMAGES part, I pressed "APPLY" and everything came out fine

and the items appeared on the MENU BAR as they should

But somewhere along the line (for some obscured reason) I must have left out an item and upon selecting "APPLY" the items disappeared from the

the MENU BAR. The items however are still part of the customised tree but they do not appear on the MENU BAR

How do I get them back to display on the MENU BAR

PLEASE, THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE IN A ROW NOW

Screen Shot 01.PNG

Screen Shot 02.PNG

Screen Shot 03.PNG

Is it possible that you've changed the menu in one workspace and made a different one active? Did you save the .CUIX file before you closed the CUI window?

Thank you CYBER ANGEL for your reply

I did not do anything with "workspace"

Once I finish filling in all my items the only options I have are "OK"   "CANCEL"   "APPLY"   "HELP"

I then press "APPLY" (there is no SAVE option). Then I close the window and the item(s) would then appear on the MENU BAR

(I have done this many times and never had a problem with customising)

Thanks

Nieko

I stay away from the CUI and make a custom menu much easier to control and the next time you upgrade have to port your cui version. Compare to menuload and done.

Second question I have a cuix dump but it really does not work that well. Any body have a Cuix to MNU. For some one that wants to have a go copy a cuix and rename to ZIP then open.

Thanks BIGAL. I appreciate

I have always customised the main CUI file because I don't know how to make a seperate custom menu 

I shall give it a try, but do I go about it in the following manner ?

Firstly, do I do my customising (for TOOLBAR and MENU) in the "Partial Customization Files" heading ?

Will that then becomes part of the main CUI or does one need to load that in a seperate manner

Thanks

Nieko

P.S. It would still be interesting for me to now why the MENU customising is not displayed on the MENU BAR

although it is still described and part of the Menu Bar Customising on the left hand side

Q1 yes use menuload etc to load a custom menu.

Q2 you can turn menus off in workspaces so the desired menu is probably turned off in your current work space,  select your workspace in CUI editor then right side Edit, then back to left and look for tick on in your menus, apply OK. Save workspace again.

For any one copy your cuix rename to .zip open find toolbaroot.cui copy it out of .zip and run the vlx, same with Popmenuroot. 

It does not do Ribbon you can look inside its xml any one have a example of the header and a couple of lines etc.

CUI to MNU.vlx