Computer for Auto Desk app

afrazahmed

Could you please some one help me what specification are more prefer for Civil 3D / MAx or Auto Desk App.  please advice me a good configuration PC for running such apps.

PC good or Workstation please advice

Well since you asked about 3D Max I'll say to get a desktop over a laptop unless you just have to have one. After that get the fastest cpu with the most cores that you can afford (for rendering). Nothing less than 32 gb of ram, no less than a 512 gb M.2 PCIe NVME ssd hard drive, an Nvidia RTX 2080 and Windows 10 Pro.
Depending on where you live you are looking at least $2,000 USD for this.
Do NOT buy an Intel Xeon and Quadro based system for this. You will NOT see any substantial performance increase for the price difference.
For example in 3D Max.....

workstation-gpu-bench_3ds-max-viewport.thumb.png.6b91e506cda0b6cc43d7421588d6da26.png

• Like 1

1. Im from UAE -Dubai and I have already im using now i7   32 GB RAM but im not happy with this i want good speed 

0005.jpg

What graphics card friend? To get faster with renders then you are going to have to jump to an AMD Threadripper and they are EXPENSIVE! The current fastest one is almost $6k USD but you do get 64 cores and 128 threads at 4.3 GHz!

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-3990x/p/N82E16819113620?Item=9SIA8UCBA07441&Description=Threadripper&cm_re=Threadripper-_-19-113-620-_-Product&quicklink=true

You'll need quad channel ECC ram as well.

I have the same CPU and ram at work but I don't do a lot of renders.

2 hours ago, afrazahmed said:
  1. Im from UAE -Dubai and I have already im using now i7   32 GB RAM but im not happy with this i want good speed 

0005.jpg

What are you not happy with? Rendering speed? System performance? And what would you consider to be "good speed"?

My last computer was an i7 with 24GB RAM and it was able to do everything I threw at it. If you could provide some examples of the type of work you're doing and what problems you are experiencing, maybe we could be of more assistance, but if you're using an i7 with 32GB RAM and you're having trouble, I can only assume it's your video card.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, Cad64 said:

What are you not happy with? Rendering speed? System performance? And what would you consider to be "good speed"?

My last computer was an i7 with 24GB RAM and it was able to do everything I threw at it. If you could provide some examples of the type of work you're doing and what problems you are experiencing, maybe we could be of more assistance, but if you're using an i7 with 32GB RAM and you're having trouble, I can only assume it's your video card.

see I want to use for Civil 3D when Creating any file like surface alignment cross section its hanging the file and when converting into cad for further work its hanging my pc cant scrool or work taking time .

45 minutes ago, afrazahmed said:

see I want to use for Civil 3D when Creating any file like surface alignment cross section its hanging the file and when converting into cad for further work its hanging my pc cant scrool or work taking time .

I don't use Civil 3D so I can't help you with that. You might want to post a question in the Civil 3D section. Maybe someone knows how to solve that issue. https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forum/45-civil-3d-amp-ldd/

If its hanging your CIV3D there is something wrong with your CIV3D you may need to reinstall even though its a big step.  Are you using a 3rd party software on top of your CIV3D ?

I run every day CIV3D no probs.

No Im not using any 3rd Party app with Civil 3D when creating any surface or corridorre its handing even converting file into cad much hanging some time not successful this operation

im thinking if C3D like this how people are working even i have reinstall many time and using good PC configuration.

11 hours ago, afrazahmed said:

No Im not using any 3rd Party app with Civil 3D when creating any surface or corridorre its handing even converting file into cad much hanging some time not successful this operation

im thinking if C3D like this how people are working even i have reinstall many time and using good PC configuration.

Can you provide one of your files for testing? Maybe BigAl or someone can take a look and see if they experience any issues.

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 12:17 AM, afrazahmed said:

What Video Card are you using?