TOTAL LISP IN TABLE by LAYER REQUEST

Loidy

Hello, i'm pretty new here and I don't have idea about making lisp.

I would like to request an edit of this lisp file (  LAYLENGTH -Sum Line Length and arrange in table by layer.LSP) I do not own this, and I forgot where did I download it (credits to him/her).

This is what exactly i'm looking, but I also want to get the TOTAL AREA / TOTAL VOLUME / TOTAL COUNT or QUANTITY  by just selecting/dragging all the items at once, and the result will be displayed in TABLE related to LAYERS, just like this LAYLENGTH FILE. I don't mind if they are in separate lisp file. I hope you guys could help me.  Thank you in advance. God Bless, Stay Safe

A 1st step You can add the area after d (vlax-curve

Need to add a check is the property area obtainable for the object, as a Line has no area so use a IF

(if (= "AcDbLine" (vla-get-objectname))

(setq area 0.0)

(setq area (vla-get-area  (vlax-ename->vla-object ent)))

)

2nd Step need to probably do a check of layer name in list and do totals writing to table when layer name changes.

Lastly a google should find what you want its a common request.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Thanks 1

@BIGAL (vlax-property-available-p vlaobj 'Area) is a stronger check, so that it would work on all object that you selected having the "Area" property.

Edited by Jonathan Handojo
  • Thanks 1

sorry sir, I don't have idea in editing. here is my cad 2010 file and I found a LAYAREA.TXT however, it cannot compute the region of an exploded volume (although i tried to add the REGION word inside those lines,plines,circle... I'm getting error. Thank you for reply

LISP REQUEST SAMPLE.dwg LAYAREA.txt

8 hours ago, Jonathan Handojo said:

@BIGAL (vlax-property-available-p vlaobj 'Area) is a stronger check, so that it would work on all object that you selected having the "Area" property.

I use vlax-curve-getarea since it can cover more object types and it can be passed an ename :)

(defun _getarea	(e / a)
  (if (vl-catch-all-error-p (setq a (vl-catch-all-apply 'vlax-curve-getarea (list e))))
    a
  )
)
;; (_getarea (car (entsel)))

• Thanks 1

Ronjonp & Johnathon I just looked at (setq ss (ssget ":L" '((0 . "LINE,POLYLINE,LWPOLYLINE,ARC,CIRCLE,ELLIPSE,SPLINE"))))  in code the line is only one with no area. But for reliability a check for area property is worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

I appreciates everyone's feedback, however, I don't know what to do or where should I input those codes/syntax you guys gave me.

I found this SAL.LISP which gives me the area (even the region what I wanted) however, the inputing of scale factor and copying the data into excel, i need to separate each layer and numbers in excel (too many things to do), unlike the automatic table like LAYLENGTH. Thanks again everyone.

SAL.LISP.txt