AUTOLISP NOT WORKING IN ACAD 2018

NIEKO

HI

Please help me with the following LISP routine for which I am including a copy

On my AUTOCAD 2013 this routine that I wrote works perfectly

BUT

Copied to my AUTOCAD 2018 it does not execute the second part as described under item (2)

Routine description

The routine is for

(1) drawing an arrow and leader lines (LEFT TO RIGHT) (until terminated) and then allows the user to add some annotation with

the text being LEFT JUSTIFIED

(2) drawing an arrow and leader lines (RIGHT TO LEFT) (until terminated) and then allows the user to add some annotation with

the text being RIGHT JUSTIFIED

Instead it does, the arrow and leader lines correct until it gets to the annotation, then does LEFT JUSTIFIED text instead of RIGHT JUSTIFIED text

It also position the text in the wrong position with regard to the end of the leader line

COPY OF LISP N-002.lsp

N-002.LSP

Thanks in advance

nieko

It probably fails because there's no longer a quick snap that was handy a quarter century ago.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/autolisp-osnap-function-2016/m-p/6209480#M339621

Loaded your routine, set a value to "useri1", added the "txt-p025" layer, still wouldn't work without DTR function which is usually a Degrees To Radians function.

Not sure why you would use "useri*" variables since they're stored in the drawing same as your x, y, z, q, and u global variables which would allow real numbers like a text height of 2.6. x is the only one even used in the lisp.

Out of Curiousity: why would you not switch to the MLEADER command? IT is ten times more versatile than your little routine from 1990. Do you have to do it that way for some kind of export to another program?