How to automatically have objects orientated to avoid overlapping onto selected layers

IR_Cad

Hi All,

I hope you are all well and safe.

I have been trying to think about finding a way to have Autocad orientate/move an object (an object that I made my self that has a base point with text displaying the coordinates of that base point position) automatically so that it avoids clashing (or overlapping) with particular blocks or objects.

It would save me a lot of time if there was such a solution to my problem. I look forward to hearing some of the advice you could provide.

Has been asked for so many times, a common civil points problem where the point labels overlap, yes there is some software that attempts this, the disadvantage is that the point loses its relationship with the point. My only suggestion is if move a label make a leader or a line to point.

For others the label can have insertion point as, lower left, matching the decimal point for RL and so on. The label is also often rotated.

On 31/07/2020 at 18:08, devitg said:

Please upload your sample.dwg

Hi devitg,

Unfortunately I do not have any files to demonstrate and clarify as I do not own Autocad on my PC (this is a work-related question to speed up my work), however, a while ago when I had access to Autocad (trial version) I produced a block which I can attach to this email. This is for setting out residential foundations for which we have a lisp routine that automatically places the block around the footprints but clashes with the layout and with other coordinate blocks. I do not see a distinct pattern of solving this as the layout is different every time and all I want is for the coordinate block not to clash with other coordinate blocks and with the outline of houses and garages for the residential developments.

I am not sure if the file will still open. fingers crossed 🤞

Basepoint Coordinates (Block) (4).dwg

Edited by IR_Cad

the glorious part of using wblock is everything should still line up in model space too given 0,0 base point and 0,0 is also your insertion point with 1.0 scale.

-ChriS

Edited by ammobake