setNonAnnotative()

samifox

hi

i've got really angry co-workers that dont know how to use annotative objects,

in the other hand setting the drawing to be non-annotative can take the whole day, 

is there any  lisp that downgrade the drawing to be non-annotative as a whole (text,dim,lynetypes,blocks,etc)?

Thanks

Shay

Maybe your co-worker should do some searching on this task 😉  ... or try to learn something new if it's takes a day to 'fix' one drawing.

I do not know when the annotative feature was added to AutoCAD. But you can try saving to an earlier version. But this may mess up other things.

20 minutes ago, Roy_043 said:

I do not know when the annotative feature was added to AutoCAD. But you can try saving to an earlier version. But this may mess up other things.

Nice idea :) .. maybe save to 2004 DXF.

Edited by ronjonp
*2008 is when annotative objects were added

They can work through the viewports, even a brand new one, then all the annotative objects will be the right size automagically.   They don't even have to select a special size text, or dim style.  They just have to make sure the current styles are annotative.

One can learn annotative scaling in the time it takes to change an annotative drawing to non-annotative.   That is counting the time it takes to clipboard all the ridiculously numerous different sized styles into the drawing.  A couple of hours with some one-on-one coaching should get them rolling.

Another thought... Just leave them to their own devices.  Maybe the next performance review round will fix things.

In my view, a valuable employee will keep up with the new software features whether the shop requires them or not.  Annotative scaling has been around for 13 years.  In my shop CAD drawings from others are XREF'ed in all the time, and they are modified and/or added to routinely.  Annotative scaling is not required for our production drawings, but we need to know how to not let it cause a brain hemorrhage when encountered.  Changing all the styles in an entire drawing is just not an acceptable idea to me. 

Edited by Dana W