Layouts

Fredricc

Hello!

I have started testing and mixing with layouts. 

Was just going to check here if someone can share some layouts template. with A1,A2,A3,A4.

And the tricky part. the scale of it. 

Im trying to get a template with ready layouts, with all basic info i need on them, to print different sizes and scales! 

thx!

Have you tired searching here or Autodesk's website or YouTube? This stuff is well documented in many different formats. Not brushing you off, just saying these forums are more for specific questions that you may have with certain aspects of tasks like this.

You just make a title block to suit in a 1:1 scale, just remember that you need a margin so a A3 sheet 420x297 uses say 400 x 275  true size But a A1 can be plotted at 1=2 plot scale which is a A3 so only need 1 title block, a A4 is small so need a custom title block in particular 2 landscape and portrait. Use a mview inside the title at scale of the model.

The scale of the layouts will depend on what kind of work you're doing. If you're drawing a mechanical part, it might be 1"=1"; a kitchen, 1"=4'; a parking lot, 1"=40'. You'll probably want a company logo and space for project info, too. Every template is different. As RobDraw notes, we're here to help with specific questions about your work, not to tell you how to do your work. 

Now I'm not nowhere near as good at AutoCad as these guys. It's been awhile since I've played around with layout scale. I was taught to draw 1:1 and then change the plot scale.

(Old school)

I made my own up long ago and placed them on a disc where I could just reload them if something went wrong.

Here's a page I think that might help you

http://autocadtip.com/how-to-add-new-scale-in-autocad.html

It's not really that hard and once you get use to it, it only takes seconds.

In civil3d its easy to use the layouttool who is extremly easy to handle legends, scalebar and so on in the layout mode. its somewhere here i want to come but with normal Autocad, serching tips to make it simple and fast as possible like the functions there.

But in normal Autocad do you make a new one for each drawing or you use templates there ?, if you using templates you need like 10 blocks with different scale bars for 1:200 1:500 and so on for different page sizes. Thats my thougt about it. How do you working ? 

When i want to make a fast print in right scale i often use model sheet and just input a scalebar there, and the scale bars i got in a drawing with different sizes for different pages., and changing the paper size in print options. 

But layouts in a template would maybe be the next level for me ;)

We have custom menus they are not hard to make if you can use notepad you can make a menu. One option in the menus is scale bars, the other way do a google is use a dynamic block that can have custom scales.

image.png.02675142060dd057404d67232458ae85.png