Place a Pause then Continue within a routine

rcb007

I have the following routine I am wanting to use. But I would like to be able to have the user pause and do (several other commands: Move, Stretch, etc). Then continue with the rest of the routine. Is that possible?

(defun C:InsertBlockStretch ()

;;; Insert Dynamic Block
(command "._insert" "Viewport-Frame" "0,0" "1" "1" "0" )

;;; Pause User and Adjust Viewport with Block to Desired Shape
(ALERT "Adjust Viewport and Viewport Frame together.")

;;; Change Space of the Viewport-Frame
(command "_chspace" "window" "1.07,24.24" "23.12,-0.5" "")

;; Switch Back to PaperSpace
(command "_pspace")

(princ))

Thank you for help.

Are the actions always going to be the same each time? Always a move, always a stretch etc. or will they be up to the user to decide? 

I think it is easier if you specify which actions to do - even if the user doesn't do anything but move on - than it is to let them have a free range on doing everything

Insert the frame at desired lower left "1.07,24.24" or a getpoint. Pick other corner then work out the X scale and Y scale then insert if you make the Viewport-frame 1 x 1 then scaling is direct difference in X & Y values.

• Like 1

You are right, if it’s equal 1x1. The dynamic block just stretches to the user’s preference. I thought the user might need to adjust the shape to the frame they wanted. Maybe I just stop the routine once it inserts, then prompts the user to start the next step which would change space. Etc. that’s just a thought.

Draw a  rectang where you drag the top right get its values erase it then insert your block using those values.

(setq co-ord (mapcar 'cdr (vl-remove-if-not '(lambda (x) (= (car x) 10)) (entget (entlast)))))