How to reduce the PDF size while exporting from Revit

Ramana

Hi Friends,

Hope all are safe, while working from Home,

We are facing a problem in a project while exporting the Plumbing sheets and Electrical sheets to pdf using Cutepdf writer, the file file size is increasing tremendous, We are unable to understand the reason, we have controlled the lineweight in object styles.

Please can you suggest any methods to reduce the file size.

Two factors sheet size and plot resolution. 

For us using a A3 v's a the true A1 size layout can still plot the A3 as A1 and quality is good. Remember dots per inch DPI.

Plot resolution ok you have a 600dpi laser so what ! Plot at 200 dpi and you will not see any difference, the size will be smaller.

This has been asked before try default Plot to Pdf if its in Revit.

Edited by BIGAL

On 8/12/2020 at 12:03 PM, Ramana said:

Hi Friends,

Hope all are safe, while working from Home,

We are facing a problem in a project while exporting the Plumbing sheets and Electrical sheets to pdf using Cutepdf writer, the file file size is increasing tremendous, We are unable to understand the reason, we have controlled the lineweight in object styles.

Please can you suggest any methods to reduce the file size.

Sometimes this depends on the architectural. For instance, when I work on an architectural model that is a very complex design and the architect modeled everything very high quality, this produces an enormous amount of extra linework and geometry that the PDF file has to "draw" when it's being made. 

You can go into the Link, set all of the architectural and structural elements to "Coarse Detail" and see what happens there. You can also print to Raster instead of Vector within the Revit plot dialog to see if that yields any better results. Beyond that I would have to see specifically what the project looks like. 

Another thing to help as a process of elimination is to hide the architectural and structural links completely, then plot to PDF to see if the size goes down. If it does drastically, then it's your links. 

-TZ

On 8/14/2020 at 2:59 AM, tzframpton said:

Sometimes this depends on the architectural. For instance, when I work on an architectural model that is a very complex design and the architect modeled everything very high quality, this produces an enormous amount of extra linework and geometry that the PDF file has to "draw" when it's being made. 

You can go into the Link, set all of the architectural and structural elements to "Coarse Detail" and see what happens there. You can also print to Raster instead of Vector within the Revit plot dialog to see if that yields any better results. Beyond that I would have to see specifically what the project looks like. 

Another thing to help as a process of elimination is to hide the architectural and structural links completely, then plot to PDF to see if the size goes down. If it does drastically, then it's your links. 

-TZ

Hi tzframpton,

Thanks for your support, i will check this option also, i will update you the result.