Model or Layout Tabs is missing, how do i get it back.

Sengna

My model and layout tabs are missing in Autocad 2018, is there any other way to bring them back? i have tried below method by check the box that said"Display layout and model tabs but still does not work. i also set the value to 0 and 1 doesn't work, Please help.  thanks

image.png.df8a75f02180933d5f239d609629335c.png

Products and versions covered 

Edited by Sengna

46 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

Not sure how to fix but for now (setvar 'ctab "Model") and (setvar 'ctab "Layout1") put your layout names in can at least work.

Multi GETVALS.lsp 2.07 kB · 46 downloads

Goto-layout.lsp 829 B · 0 downloads

Hi Bigal, not sure how to do this, do i need to download the attachments and install? if yes  i will have to go to my IT which will take forever, i am just wondering if there is easier way? or anyone would know?

I was thinking that you might want to check your CLEANSCREEN setting and make sure it was OFF, but when I checked that doesn't hide them, just all of your Toolbars or Ribbon.

My guess is Cad64 is probably correct.

Try switching to another Profile setting in OPTIONS, or Workspace on your Status Bar, and you can probably locate them that way.

At least on my 2021 AutoCAD, you can turn it off and the check box in Options can still be checked for them to be on.

At the lower right of your screen is 3 horizontal bars, it opens a list of what you can turn off and turn on, make sure it is checked there also (it has Model Space if in Model Space or Paper Space if in a Layout tab.

15 hours ago, Cad64 said:

Do you have your command line docked? If your command line is floating, it could be covering the model and layout tabs.

Yes i still have my command line as shown below, this is my overall model space set up

image.png

12 hours ago, Dadgad said:

I was thinking that you might want to check your CLEANSCREEN setting and make sure it was OFF, but when I checked that doesn't hide them, just all of your Toolbars or Ribbon.

My guess is Cad64 is probably correct.

Try switching to another Profile setting in OPTIONS, or Workspace on your Status Bar, and you can probably locate them that way.

this is what it shows on OPTIONS-PROFILE

image.png.fdd54834f3a3189fcb1ad1eefa9a3839.png

16 minutes ago, Sengna said:

Yes i still have my command line as shown below, this is my overall model space set up

It looks to me like your command line is not docked because you're missing a lot more than just the model and layout tabs, see image below. Try grabbing the entire command line window and drag it up.

CommandLine.jpg

5 hours ago, SLW210 said:

At least on my 2021 AutoCAD, you can turn it off and the check box in Options can still be checked for them to be on.

At the lower right of your screen is 3 horizontal bars, it opens a list of what you can turn off and turn on, make sure it is checked there also (it has Model Space if in Model Space or Paper Space if in a Layout tab.

i am not sure which 3 horizontal bars are you referring to? can you show me screenshot?   thanks for input

1 minute ago, Sengna said:

i am not sure which 3 horizontal bars are you referring to? can you show me screenshot?   thanks for input

Look at the screenshot in my previous post and you can see the 3 horizontal bars. I'm pretty much positive that your command line is floating and covering everything along the bottom of your screen. You need to drag the command line up and dock it into position.

4 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

It looks to me like your command line is not docked because you're missing a lot more than just the model and layout tabs, see image below. Try grabbing the entire command line window and drag it up.

CommandLine.jpg

Ok, this is what it shows me when i dragged it up

image.thumb.png.1b80f412a0bec622d3ba7d145dae582d.png

3 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

Ok, that's weird. :unsure:

What happens when you type STATUSBAR at the command line? Is it set to 1 or 0?

it set to 1 

11 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

Look at the screenshot in my previous post and you can see the 3 horizontal bars. I'm pretty much positive that your command line is floating and covering everything along the bottom of your screen. You need to drag the command line up and dock it into position.

it is weird that it does not show 3 horizaltal bar lower right on mine

4 minutes ago, Sengna said:

it is weird that it does not show 3 horizaltal bar lower right on mine

It's weird that it doesn't show anything along the bottom or your screen, even with Statusbar set to 1.

What happens when you minimize Autocad. Does the statusbar become visible?

3 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

It's weird that it doesn't show anything along the bottom or your screen, even with Statusbar set to 1.

What happens when you minimize Autocad. Does the statusbar become visible?

after minimized , it still show the same, now when i opened all of my other drawings, it shows the same result, no model or layout tab

7 minutes ago, Sengna said:

after minimized , it still show the same, now when i opened all of my other drawings, it shows the same result, no model or layout tab

Well, I'm stumped. I don't typically recommend reinstalling until every other option has been tried, but it appears to me that there's something wrong with your installation. I don't know what else to suggest other than uninstall and reinstall. And make sure you disable your anti-virus program before re-installing. That can sometimes cause installation problems.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/clean-uninstall

58 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

Well, I'm stumped. I don't typically recommend reinstalling until every other option has been tried, but it appears to me that there's something wrong with your installation. I don't know what else to suggest other than uninstall and reinstall. And make sure you disable your anti-virus program before re-installing. That can sometimes cause installation problems.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/clean-uninstall

CAD 64, thank you i will used this as my last option since i have so much work to get done.  I will keep search for solution.