Model or Layout Tabs is missing, how do i get it back.

Sengna

The goto lisp is a go to a layout handy when you have lots of layouts just like Word has goto a page.

If you enter 0 it will go to model.

Just save the two lisps then run Appload and add the two lisps to the startup suite, its a bit of a stop gap for your situation.

Also its backwards Ctrl+pgdn goes up in layouts Ctrl+pgup goes down so should be able to get to MODEL, useful in an existing drawing.

You might want to try to IMPORT or RESET your Profiles in OPTIONS, odd that none of the typical ones are showing on that dropdown list.

• Like 1

Something doesn't seem correct with your screen shot, it appears to be cut off at the bottom. Take a screen shot with the window minimized. Try moving the window around to see if the bottom is off screen.

You could try LAYOUTTAB = 1.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that your Model and Layout are hidden. Sometimes due to unconditional works and we are in hurry all day long, we click something that results to hide some features and at the end we dont know why it suddenly hide or gone.

My recommendations is try to REINSTALL your CAD software and be vigilant on your next couple of works.

• Like 1

Sengna, you didn't drag the command bar, you merely stretched it.  It is still covering your tabs. It appears that your command line is not docked nor is it locked into place.  If it were locked you would not have been able to stretch the command line.  If it were docked, it would not cover your tabs.

Below are some helpful images.  Before trying to move your command bar, click the aforementioned three bars in the lower left of the AutoCad window.  Notice the list of selections.  There is one called LOCKUI which means Lock User Interface.  If it is not checked, you can move your AutoCad window elements including the command line.  If it is checked you cannot move any of it.  Once you get your command line docked, with the number of lines you need showing, go back and check LOCKUI so it won't move again.

two.png.f7fdad3bdffc451be306e5c3cbe85437.pngone.png.69053412643f3362b90c76c428057ca7.png

• Like 3

Quick update, i went home over the weekend, had coup beers and relax, came back to work on Monday, all the model and layout tabs are back, the 3 bars lower right corner came back also.  i didn't not do anything except drank beers 🤣.  greatly appreciated everyone input

image.thumb.png.ec6576129855c050e8778d6cc17cf543.png

Could you let us know which brand of beer, just in case anybody else has this problem in the future. This has the potential to be a very popular fix to any AutoCAD problems 🥳

PS did you perhaps turn off the computer at the weekend and turn it back on on Monday (sometimes a reboot works - but the beer sounds better) 😛

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

I can imagine that solution has some real potential in the Revit world, too. I'm hoping that it is not brand specific but rather something in the application that helps.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, steven-g said:

Could you let us know which brand of beer, just in case anybody else has this problem in the future. This has the potential to be a very popular fix to any AutoCAD problems 🥳

PS did you perhaps turn off the computer at the weekend and turn it back on on Monday (sometimes a reboot works - but the beer sounds better) 😛

i don't know if you guys have this brand on the east coast, we have this on the west coast ten pin pineapple wheat pretty good.  I don't know what fix it, i left the laptop at work, the laptop was on sleeping mode but it did not turn off.  i still like to know for future issue.

Some of these weird things can not just be simply recreated had all the custom menus etc disappear programs not working, had to reload profile etc to get back. Which is why have it tucked away. I have killed all the menus I mean all doing a menuload during testing that took a while to fix, should not happen.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Some of these weird things can not just be simply recreated had all the custom menus etc disappear programs not working, had to reload profile etc to get back. Which is why have it tucked away. I have killed all the menus I mean all doing a menuload during testing that took a while to fix, should not happen.

Good point    thanks