Lineweight Scale

Pau Sarquella

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to scale all lineweights of a drawing depending at what scale the drawing is being plotted. This would solve the problem of having very thick lines when plotting at 1/500 a drawing that is thought to be printed at 1/100 for example. Similar to what happens in Indesign, I want to set the lineweights for one scale (for example 1/100) and to scale them down or up depending if I print at 1/50 or 1/500. 

Thanks in advance

One of the solutions I used for a situation like this is to use different ctb with different line thickness set, only problem here is if you have 2 layouts. Depending on how many colours you use you can get around it in a viewport you can reset the colour compared to model. In simple terms a mono print out limited colour pens 1-8 normal thickness, pens you choose can be thinner and in ctb set to black also.

eg 1=red 0.1 10=red 0.25

4=cyan 130=light blue

Lineweights are a fixed dimension when seen in a layout so a 1mm lineweight is always 1mm no matter the scale. Polylines with a width are scaled to the layout scale, but a 1mm wide polyline at 1:1 would maybe look OK but at 1:100 would lose any visual impact. Having something that would visually be suitable for different scales would probably be a 'programable' solution.

Steven had to play with line thickness when printing to Tiff had to reset the line thickness as it was a factor of dpi. The other was when we plotted to A1 v's A3 would make the line work thicker for the A1 but just used a ctb did not change object thickness by layer/color. Should point out using colours in ctb will not see the thickness difference till plotted.