3D polylines

donaldo

I have some road strings as 3D polylines which I need to move by a few hundred mm horizontally.  (Drawn by others in 3D civil) How can I do this whilst not altering any of the z values so I maintain the same heights.   Will it work if I open them in 3D workspace.. I didn’t attempt that..

So long as you use typed input coordinates for X and Y only then Z will not alter, the problem would be if you use moue selection of snap points and these points have 3D coordinates. And of course make sure your UCS is set to world.

Ok, however not quite sure how to do that. I would normally use align or move and rotate to move the polyline using the mouse.  I could type in the new coords for both reference points but I assume that will only alter these points and not the hundred or so others on the model.  Not on my pc now otherwise I could attach it.  

I used align.

To make this work, I first drew a polyline from Base Point 1 to the realignment point, then I drew a polyline from Base Point 2 to the realignment point. By drawing polylines, I ensured that the z value of the Base point was the same at the realignment point. Then using align, I selected all the road strings and used each end of the polylines just drawn for the source points. Job done.

• Like 1

That worked. Thank you!  A couple of failed attempts but once source and destination had same z value it worked.  Points I had drawn were conflicting with polyline as they had a 0 z value.