Cannot use function keys when using line command

postmaloneseaneazy

Cannot use function key (e.g. F3 osnap) when using line command.

When I press the function key when i drawing a line, it appears this icon (the circle nearby the crosshair) and dont let me turn on/off function like osnap when i use function key (F3).

Can someone help me please.

My autocad version is 2020.1.3.

2020-10-10_130116.jpg

On 10/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, SLW210 said:

It's recording. A restart should remove it or turn off action recorder.

Thank you dude! I will try it out.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, SLW210 said:

It's recording. A restart should remove it or turn off action recorder.

I use Action Recorder a lot.  I love it.    :beer:

If it is the action recorder, you can STOP it in your right click shortcut menu too.

I use 2016, and it doesn't look like that icon, mayber they have changed it recently?

In 2016 the RECORDING icon is red.

Yea, never mind that, the record is red.

It seems to be triggered by holding the Shift key while copying, moving, drawing lines, etc. indicating Ortho Mode.

21 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Yea, never mind that, the record is red.

It seems to be triggered by holding the Shift key while copying, moving, drawing lines, etc. indicating Ortho Mode.

Thank you very much, it is the shift! It appears when i never press shift, that doesnt make any sense. SMH, maybe its the bug or sth.

Sounds like it could be a keyboard malfunction. Do you use any LISP, VBA, VB.net and/or third party add-ons?

Do you have the other AutoCAD Tools loaded, like Mechanical, Architecture, etc.? If so does it happen in those?

On 10/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, SLW210 said:

Sounds like it could be a keyboard malfunction. Do you use any LISP, VBA, VB.net and/or third party add-ons?

Do you have the other AutoCAD Tools loaded, like Mechanical, Architecture, etc.? If so does it happen in those?

Yes bro, I have used tons of Lisp, but i have no clue how to find out which one is the problem. SMH

You may have to start back with Defaults or Unload all third party programs/LISPs, etc. and slowly add back until you find the culprit. It may be something you really don't use very often, in which case, you might never see the problem again.

Alternately, if unloading/resetting everything doesn't resolve the problem, may be something Autodesk needs to look at if a new keyboard doesn't work.