Creating new linetype

united

Hello all,

I have tried to follow simple steps and youtube videos to create a new linetype but somethings just not quiet right...

Lets say i want to create the following /\/\/\TPZ/\/\/\ 

Why when i save it and try different combos etc do i only manage to produce -----TPZ---- your standard variation of lineytpe where its solid lines and the text...

Any help greatly apprecaited. 

Perhaps you could post the linetype definition you have managed so far. It is easier to help if we know what you have already.

One or two comments might help you. Have you looked at existing linetypes? ZIGZAG comes to mind. Have you decided on what font you want the letters to be? Spacing of the elements of the linetype are important and different fonts have different sizes. If you set the font in the definition to STANDARD, then anyone else might have a different font for that. Make a new Text style with your chosen font.

• Like 1

In addition to what eldon said when creating a new linetype it's helpful to work on the Model tab with your annotation scale set to 1:1 so the lengths in the linetype definition match what's shown in AutoCAD.

ZIGZAG uses ZIG / from the ltypeshp.shx shape file that comes installed with all AutoCAD versions but a perfect place to start as you can mix text in with it as well. Try placing ["TPZ" YourTextStyle,x=-*,y=-*,s=*] between two copies of ZIGZAG's shapes so it starts and ends with them.