Make unrelated levels hide automatically?

Siberian

I have a model consisting of two buildings, but the two don't share any of the levels. This is somewhat annoying when placing a new section in one building and I see a number of levels that are unrelated to that building. Sure I can hide them, but I wonder if there is a way to make levels "aware" of where they play a part so that levels that aren't relevant in an area don't show up?

On 11/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, Siberian said:

I have a model consisting of two buildings, but the two don't share any of the levels. This is somewhat annoying when placing a new section in one building and I see a number of levels that are unrelated to that building. Sure I can hide them, but I wonder if there is a way to make levels "aware" of where they play a part so that levels that aren't relevant in an area don't show up?

The first question I have is: Are these levels that are "in the way" your Levels in your parent model, or are these the levels inside the links? 

Levels should be set up in your model, although many people don't do this as entry level designers so that's why I asked. Assuming you do, make sure you hide levels automatically using Filters in the Links, which solves one problem. Rob has the other part of the issue, which is adjusting the 3D extents of the level themselves so it doesn't overlap into the other building, which in turn acts as an automatic visibility control. 

-TZ