Insert Tab missing on Autocad LT for mac

robin cad

Hi, I can't locate the insert tab on autocad LT for mac, i have tried in options and using the command LAYOUTTAB - but neither seems to work. I am trying to georeference a drawing. Thanks

I think georeferencing is a Windows only option. If it is avaialable for MAC you need to first set a georeference point from either a map or file using the 'geographiclocation' command or on the insert tab of the ribbon you should have a 'set location' icon. Once a location is set the other tools panel automatically opens on the ribbon.

We inserted jpg with a georeference file JGW  there is a lisp, to make this work once a image is inserted it is then set to correct scale and location. BUT if useful it uses VL so would need to maybe convert to use getproperty. LT not supported.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:08 AM, robin cad said:

Hi, I can't locate the insert tab on autocad LT for mac, i have tried in options and using the command LAYOUTTAB - but neither seems to work. I am trying to georeference a drawing. Thanks

Not sure what LAYOUTTAB and/or Options has to do with Georeference, but AFAIK, Georeference is not available for AutoCAD for MAC. Good news is the MAC license also comes with a Windows License, so you just need a Windows machine.