Projects for modeling practise

Danzig

Hello everyone,
I am searching for some cool and complete (drawing for each part) for mechanical engineering projects (petrol engines etc...).

I enjoy this type of modeling and I'm only able to find some small things here and there but can't for the life of me find some more complex ones which would last me few weeks and resulting in spectacular assembly in the end.

Does anyone know where to find such projects?

Thanks in advance for any lead or advice.
Adam.

The answer is obvious... books.  Many design drafting/technical drafting books will have plenty of examples of objects that can be drawn in 3D.  Visit your local library and start searching.  Examples: Technical Drawing with Engineering Graphics by Frederick Giesecke, Alva Mitchell, etc., Engineering Drawing Problem Series 1 by Frederick Giesecke and Principles of Technical Drawing by Frederick Giesecke.

Edited by ReMark

Solidworks has the added benefit of being able to model animations for assemblies.  But there are animation tutorials you can watch on youtube.  There are ways you can challenge yourself.

One would be to find drawings online for something - something you might be interested in like aircraft, firearms, etc..  Model that in 3D and challenge yourself further by creating an animation with all the component parts working as intended. 

This is how I sometimes challenge myself when I get bored.  In my case fast fighter jets I'm interested in.  So that's what I feel compelled to draw.

Whatever it is, it should be interesting to you, personally.  Otherwise, you will lose interest.