How to import this STEP/ 3D dwg file properly into Revit?

Kurpulio

Hello!

I needed some valves in Revit (2016)

I downloaded some valve models from here : https://grabcad.com/library/gbc-ball-valve-danfoss-1

They are in STEP format. I followed this guide https://www.bim4tips.com/updates/creating-revit-family-rfa-from-solidworks-step-tutorial-es4z3 

According to the guide i have to convert the STEP files into .DWG in autocad, and only after that i can import them in Revit

However, when i try to import the .DWG into Revit, it shows this message, and the imported models are laggy and look strange, missing faces.

"Some ACIS objects could not be imported. To import them, use AutoCad to convert them into polymesh objects and reimport."

I tried to google for a solution to this but failed. Only thing i found is i should maybe use the "Convert to Solid" command in Autocad, but it says "Object cannot be converted"

I attached the .dwg file. Can anyone help me how to fix it so that i can import it properly into Revit?

this is how the model shows up in Revit:

image.png.7e2fca76ed276da621a8074af0652d19.png

GBC_10_mm.dwg

I opened your file and the first thing I did was explode the block. Once I did that, the object Properties shows the object to be one complete 3D Solid. I expected it to be individual parts, but it's not. It's all one object.

When you saved the .dwg file in Autocad, did you do a Save As and save down to Autocad 2013 format? Your CAD file needs to be the same or older than the program you're importing it into.

I don't use Revit, but you could explode the block and then export the 3D Solid model to .sat format and then try importing that into Revit. I don't know if it will work any better, but it's worth a shot.

Hi, thank you for help.

Yes i used Autocad 2013 dwg, and i use Revit 2016.

sadly the .Sat format didn't do much help, its still super laggy in Revit, and the model is missing parts.