Plot to PDF - page orientation

sketch11

I usually plot to PDF in Landscape format.

For some reason the PDF gets rotated into Portrait when opened in the PDF viewer, I then have to rotate the page.

How can I fix this?

There are a few reasons this could be happening to u.

Assuming you are using adobe acrobat reader DC, you can open the PDF then click file, then properties.

If the size sais 11x17 it means the pdf print ended up being portrait.

If it sais 17x11 it means your pdf print ended up being landscape, as intended (if that makes sense).

Methinks a big part of it probably has to do with what printer you are using to print to PDF from Autocad

(DWG to PDF, Microsoft print to PDF, AutoCAD PDF, etc...)

The pc3 file associated with the printer you are using could be the culprit - reorienting the final pdf to portrait after autocad sends it as a landscape plot.

I only use DWG to PDF, myself on ANSI-D 22x34.  And never seem to have issues with orientation flipping/autorotating in adobe reader.

Personally, I think ANSI-D is great because if I want I can print directly from Autocad at "plot scale" 6" = 1'-0" on ANSI-expand B and have the final result be exactly half scale if someone wants 11x17 prints.  So they can still be used by contractors to pull measurements from in the field even if they just want the smaller prints.

But just a personal preference.

-ChriS

• Like 1