SummaSketch II

steven-g

Apparently, it's around 50 bucks on ebay.

But that clutter on your desk - priceless.

But I can appreciate the coolness factor.

I learned about PC's on an Apple II GS.

I remember my dad buying the memory expansion card.  I kind of took that thing over though playing space quest 1 & 2.  When my parents would go out to dinner we would get on and play leisure suit larry.  It was so wierd learning that as a kid.

-ChriS

Edited by ammobake

Only issue is how to plug  it in ? It has a serial interface, I think you can get them for a desktop.

You can still buy a digitiser brand new my daughter got one from ALDI its was maybe less than $50 but it is smaller than the summasketch. Used it with like photoshop.

Pretty sure summasketch came in 2 sizes like 12x12 and 12x18.

Edited by BIGAL

it looks like at least for the summasketch iii (not sure what the differences are) it is compatible with windows 7 but does require  a "VTABLET driver" to play nice with Autocad (*have no idea what this is).

I suspect the VTablet driver allows a person to actually set up the tablet screen pointing area and any menus.

Re: serial port.  If you have a desktop computer you can buy a PCIe add-in card with a serial port on it.

If I remember correct "TABLET" asks for all the areas from inside Autocad I think the hardest will be the comms getting the tablet to talk. Last time I setup a tablet was like  1990. Nothing like a GTCO A0.

TABLET (Command) | AutoCAD 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

The template overlay used to come with Autocad in the box. There was a TABLET.DWG can not find.

image.png

Edited by BIGAL